Putting Battery Life Concerns to Rest

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy. I happened to notice it there when I picked up a Tab 3 8.0 for my daughter for Christmas. I conned the AT&T rep out of the spare one on the left. 3 should do me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy. I happened to notice it there when I picked up a Tab 3 8.0 for my daughter for Christmas. I conned the AT&T rep out of the spare one on the left. 3 should do me.

How much was it all together for the charger and the extra battery?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm a bit disappointed that the charger comes with a USB3 port, but only a USB mini charger. Not sure what the point of that was...

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's good, but do you really have problems with battery life on the Note 3? Mine is incredible compared to past devices I owned. Right now, I've been on battery for a bit over 31 hours (about 3.5 hours with the screen on) and still have nearly 40% power remaining. I could never get over 1 day of battery life on my other devices. As great as the Note 3 is overall, I have to say that I remain impressed by the battery life. But perhaps I'm a relatively light user compared to you or some other people. Heavier usage would likely drain the battery faster.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess that's good, but do you really have problems with battery life on the Note 3? Mine is incredible compared to past devices I owned. Right now, I've been on battery for a bit over 31 hours (about 3.5 hours with the screen on) and still have nearly 40% power remaining. I could never get over 1 day of battery life on my other devices. As great as the Note 3 is overall, I have to say that I remain impressed by the battery life. But perhaps I'm a relatively light user compared to you or some other people. Heavier usage would likely drain the battery faster.

He may just want to be able to swap the batteries when needed so he never has to charge. Some like that.

Also sounds like you aren't a heavy user. On the weekends I can stretch my battery far since I don't use it as much but.... At work I let people tether off of me.. Use my phone to stream a lot of data.. And have the screen on alot (with low brightness.. Like 30%) and I can kill it before the end of my day (work shift.. Normal 8hours / 1 hour lunch).

So just depends on usage. His may be more so him swapping the battery may be what works best for him.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the spare battery off ShopAndroid. I'm constantly on my phone. Heavy phone user, so a spare is a must for me. Enjoy yours!! :D

Posted via Samsung Note 3

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I'm okay with the stock. 12 hour of HEAVY usage is more than enough for me.

I'd rather use the $50 towards Apple's new iPad Mini Retina. :)

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I don't have battery problems. The battery life in the GN3 is great. There are a few reasons I like the insurance of an extra battery:

I'm what might be considered a very heavy user. My job requires me to utilize PDFs throughout the day and rather than walk around with a clipboard (which I often lay down and forget where I put it) I import the PDF to S - Note and edit it on my phone. I also do extensive work with Word documents throughout the day. That coupled with the 100 or so work emails I get and reply to daily, my battery takes a beating. There have been days that one been dead by 4pm.

My job doesn't allow me to be tethered to a charger.

My preferred recreational activities keep me away from any power sources, and since I'm constantly on call, I need my phone ready to go at all times.

I don't like getting below 20% SoC. Research shows that a battery's charging cycles are diminished when they are run completely empty.

This thread is in no way a knock on the phone's battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am also very happy with battery life now... Usually 6+ hours of screen time after 30+ hours of overall battery life. For my needs, that is incredible, I feel very much like I simply can't run out if juice regardless of how hard I try, which is a very nice thing.

Eventually, if I start to see the stock battery running short, I will likely get a spare, but for now things are just too good to change anything!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
He may just want to be able to swap the batteries when needed so he never has to charge. Some like that.

Yes, I know everyone has their preferences. I tend to prefer carrying a charger most of the time, and that's always worked pretty well for me. But I agree that spare phone batteries may be better for some people.

Also sounds like you aren't a heavy user. On the weekends I can stretch my battery far since I don't use it as much but.... At work I let people tether off of me.. Use my phone to stream a lot of data.. And have the screen on alot (with low brightness.. Like 30%) and I can kill it before the end of my day (work shift.. Normal 8hours / 1 hour lunch).

So just depends on usage. His may be more so him swapping the battery may be what works best for him.

Yes, and his reply after yours indicates that as well. Given the kind of battery life I'm seeing with my typical usage, I figured others who are draining more and/or faster must be heavier users than me. Which is fine, of course; again, everyone has their preferences and their own ways of using their devices. I guess I didn't realize how light my usage actually is compared to some people here.