Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - I cannot send videos can you help?

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried sending a ten second video to a friend and the standard messaging application said the file size was too big to send it. Is this common? It seems weird to me.

Posted via Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What resolution are you recording in? If it's 4k, forget it.

There is an option in the settings to limit the video to MMS size. Quality sucks, but it will send

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
What resolution are you recording in? If it's 4k, forget it.

There is an option in the settings to limit the video to MMS size. Quality sucks, but it will send

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

^^^ what he said, it has more to do with the carrier limiting the size than anything. If you are determined to send the video, you can always post it on Youtube and mark it as private. No one will be able to find it unless they have the exact link you provide them.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
One app that I use to send videos is Whatsapp which is has a high limit on size, it will compress it and lower the resolution of it to accommodate the size of it. I also use a third party app that is paid named Video Message Compressor. With whatsapp the only problem is that the other person has to have the same up.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This is one thing that bothers me about Android vs iOS. You can record a video with an iPhone and then send it in a text with no problems. (the video quality is absolutely horrendous because it is downsized, but at least you're able to send) With Android, if you record the video in a high resolution ( which everyone does), you are not allowed to send it anymore without having to use some 3rd party solution; whatsapp, video trimmer, etc.

The 2 ways around this are to change the resolution to limit for MMS (which sucks because your video is gonna look like hot garbage) or choose capture video straight from the message.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This is one thing that bothers me about Android vs iOS. You can record a video with an iPhone and then send it in a text with no problems. (the video quality is absolutely horrendous because it is downsized, but at least you're able to send) With Android, if you record the video in a high resolution ( which everyone does), you are not allowed to send it anymore without having to use some 3rd party solution; whatsapp, video trimmer, etc.

The 2 ways around this are to change the resolution to limit for MMS (which sucks because your video is gonna look like hot garbage) or choose capture video straight from the message.

I don't know. My brother sends me video of my niece from his iphone 5 and it looks like I'm looking at an old VHS tape as a senior citizen with cataracs. I won't even get into how dark the video looks. Carriers need to just stop using their voice network for messages and just tie MMS data to the user's account and stop giving us preset limits.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. My brother sends me video of my niece from his iphone 5 and it looks like I'm looking at an old VHS tape as a senior citizen with cataracs. I won't even get into how dark the video looks. Carriers need to just stop using their voice network for messages and just tie MMS data to the user's account and stop giving us preset limits.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I know that the video looks TERRIBLE, but the fact is that you can still send a video without having to do any type of workaround. I wish Android would do the same. I also agree with you that the carriers need to just use MMS and cut the limits.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
One app that I use to send videos is Whatsapp which is has a high limit on size, it will compress it and lower the resolution of it to accommodate the size of it. I also use a third party app that is paid named Video Message Compressor. With whatsapp the only problem is that the other person has to have the same up.

Whatsapp is excellent.

Another way to send highest quality video is to upload it to dropbox and send the recipient the link.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm