Apps in side tray

kdflyer

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
How do I add applications to the screen that you use to drag apps into the tray. I don't see a way to add apps to that screen and I'm not sure how it is decided that apps are automatically put in the tray or the edit screen.

Posted via Android Central App

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
How do I add applications to the screen that you use to drag apps into the tray. I don't see a way to add apps to that screen and I'm not sure how it is decided that apps are automatically put in the tray or the edit screen.

Posted via Android Central App

you can't add apps to the multiscreen tray.....if they are work with multiscreen they go there automatically. if an app isn't listed there it's because it is not compatible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can't add apps to the multiscreen tray.....if they are work with multiscreen they go there automatically. if an app isn't listed there it's because it is not compatible.

I thought that there was a way with root to add any app.

There was a way without root too but required editing the apk.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, this toolbar is populated automatically if the app dev specifically codes in the support (and, truth be told, there's really not too much to it, just a few lines of code Samsung already provides). However, most devs do not go through the trouble of adding it and we end up with a semi-deserted list.

Like dpham00 says, there is a way to 'hack' the system into letting any program you install run in MultiWindow mode, but it requires you to root the device, effectively voiding your warranty. No free lunch, huh?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii