Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Great Tip (No Pun Intended) for using the S-Pen

I just found this out... maybe you guys already knew it, maybe it's somewhere in the manuals (which, to be honest, I no longer read hehe) but I accidentally found this out:

You know how you can scroll pages by pressing the S-Pen against the screen and swiping up and down, right? Well, at least when browsing the web (Tried it on the stock browser and Chrome), if you double click the screen and hold the S-Pen, and then scroll up and down, you can zoom in and out of the webpage you're viewing!

Again, I'm sorry if you guys don't find this as anything new hehe but it kinda surprised me I didn't know it could do that.

Default Re: Great Tip (No Pun Intended) for using the S-Pen

"if you double click the screen and hold the S-Pen, and then scroll up and down"

I tried what I thought this meant but couldn't get it to work, could you be more specific as I find it a little vague.

When I double tap the screen with the pen it zooms in anyway. If I move it up and down the screen it doesn't do anything. Little more specific? If it works like you say it does that'd be awesome!

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well that's odd... I swear mine does work! It's the same as pinch to zoom but using the S Pen. I tap twice and hold, when I start moving the pen without lifting it from the screen, it zooms in and out accordingly. Just make sure you're viewing a zoomable page (if you can pinchando zoom in and out you're good to go), otherwise it won't work.

HUGE update!!!!! It works with your finger too! Double tap with the finger, hold, move around without lifting and voilà! Zoom in and out. I'm doing it right now on the forums page in Chrome.

New features I'm finding out every day. This thing is a beast. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color

Yes works but why bother when you can pinch & zoom? You say tap tap, I say pinch zoom.
    If you double tap with the pen and hold (button pressed) you can take a screen shot. I have found there are normally more than one way to do something on this phone. It's amazing.

I think the best word to desctibe the phone is adaptable. There are at least 2 ways and sometimes more ways to accomplish the same thing so each user can use it the way it makes them feel most comfortable.

Also having the ability to accomplish things in multiple ways always us the user to use the easiest method for accomplishing what we need to do in the given situation.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Agree... Granted, the most 'intuitive' way to do it is 'pinch to zoom' (thank you, Apple!), but when you'e holding the S-Pen and you're already using that, it's nice to have a way to replace your fingers and not having to switch input methods, even if your fingers are already wrapped around the pen :P
    Thanked by 2:

Good to know.