Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Quick Glance not working?

I have quick glance set to on, and it has worked just fine the past few days but for the the past two, when I wave my hand over the sensor the quick glance screen just starts to turn on then it automatically jumps to the lockscreen. Has anybody else had this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Quick Glance not working?

Got the same issue! Quick recently jumps straight into the lock screen. I've noticed the phone glitching a bit since the last update.

Also noticed 'hi galaxy' command doesn't work and music player randomly freaks out which needs the phone restarting to work.

Do you think if I do a backup and then restore, it will put the phone back to the same state?

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyNall View Post
    Got the same issue! Quick recently jumps straight into the lock screen. I've noticed the phone glitching a bit since the last update.

Also noticed 'hi galaxy' command doesn't work and music player randomly freaks out which needs the phone restarting to work.

Do you think if I do a backup and then restore, it will put the phone back to the same state?
    I have the same problem too please help😠😠😠
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Glad I'm not the only one. Just got the phone about week and a half ago so I don't know if it was due to an update or anything.

Yeah man same here it jus briefly shows the "quick glance screen" then my lockscreen comes barging into the picture and I'm like wtf Gina?? (My note)

I've definitely been experiencing these same problems. Has anyone asked Samsung what's up? It had always worked fine for me until just recently.

anyone get anywhere with this?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So far nothing. Can't find too many other people with the problem. I used to use this feature all the time, I'd like to get it figured out.

I'm in the same boat. It was working fine yesterday morning, but as of last night it has the same issue - shows the quick glance for a split-second and then jumps to the lock screen.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I'm having the same problem, I've tried a couple of things short of a hard reset but it works once after a reboot and goes back to doing the same thing....

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

So I don't know if this will help with the solution but I figured out that the quick glance works properly the phone is NOT locked, meaning I turned off the setting "lock instantly with power button" and as long as the phone is not locked the quick glance works but as soon as I hear the "water" sound it stops working hopefully there is a workaround for this bug

Noticed this too. It just jumps to the lock screen after a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by jgreeson25 View Post
    Noticed this too. It just jumps to the lock screen after a split second.
    Well - just another datapoint but my Glance is working fine locked or unlocked, but I have a specific setup. I am required for work to have a full password setup with timeout. Because of this I am using NILS and Widgetlocker to create a custom lock screen where all my notifications pop up as they come in (also using Tasker to change the screen timeout to 7 seconds when locked so the notifications make the screen light up only briefly). As I said, Glance is working fine but it may be that my lock screen customizations are going around the bug you are experiencing.

Gotta ask...are you all trying the quick glance while the phone is lying flat?
    I've been using the quick glance since the Note 2 and now with the Note 3, without any issues at all! (with or without a case/s-view cover etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by tannerrblake View Post
    I have quick glance set to on, and it has worked just fine the past few days but for the the past two, when I wave my hand over the sensor the quick glance screen just starts to turn on then it automatically jumps to the lockscreen. Has anybody else had this problem?
    My God, this! I thought I was crazy. I was changing wallpapers, thinking that was the issue. Maybe we all downloaded a new app? Or it's just an app update? Samsung did give me notice of an update a few days ago.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by SumthinNew View Post
    Gotta ask...are you all trying the quick glance while the phone is lying flat?
    I've been using the quick glance since the Note 2 and now with the Note 3, without any issues at all! (with or without a case/s-view cover etc...)
    Yes I am. That's the only way that quick glance works in the first place.

Quick glance does not work every time for me. I have to wave my hand the right speed or it does not work. Mine never goes to the lock screen though.

If I turn off the lockscreen option Screen lock to "None", it works. If I choose any other option including "Swipe" or "Pin", the bug persists.

Also tried turning off "Multiple widgets", still same problem.

The weird thing is if I go into the Air gestures > Quick glance > Try it , it works just fine.

Mine is working. Some times I have to restart my Gnote3 to get it to work.

I had this same problem last week and I tried everything without having to factory wipe the phone (this was a last resort option for me). One of my final steps was to individually uninstall apps I had recently gotten, and checked if it works when the app isn't present. I did it with a couple apps and installed them right after figuring out that they were not the problem, since the issue persisted after uninstalling them. I finally uninstalled the VEVO app and found out that it was the problem. When the VEVO app is uninstalled quick glance worked smoothly. Upon reinstalling the app, the problem was back. So whoever is having this problem and recently updated or installed the VEVO app, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. If not, then we can pretty much assume that the problem is one that arises with some sort of app compatibility issues. I contacted the developers but no response yet. Maybe if others tell them about this problem they will make it priority and fix it in a future update! Hope this helps!

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaotik_187 View Post
    I had this same problem last week and I tried everything without having to factory wipe the phone (this was a last resort option for me). One of my final steps was to individually uninstall apps I had recently gotten, and checked if it works when the app isn't present. I did it with a couple apps and installed them right after figuring out that they were not the problem, since the issue persisted after uninstalling them. I finally uninstalled the VEVO app and found out that it was the problem. When the VEVO app is uninstalled quick glance worked smoothly. Upon reinstalling the app, the problem was back. So whoever is having this problem and recently updated or installed the VEVO app, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. If not, then we can pretty much assume that the problem is one that arises with some sort of app compatibility issues. I contacted the developers but no response yet. Maybe if others tell them about this problem they will make it priority and fix it in a future update! Hope this helps!
    Thank you for taking the time to do this. ..

kaotik_187 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to do this. ..

Hope it helped you solve your issue!
    Thanked by:
    pdub73 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast