Samsung Galaxy Note 3 not charging?

ronsimeone

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Experienced same problems. After six trips to Verizon, finally a rep told me the Verizon charger would work on my Note 3. Voila! Problem solved

Ryan Picou

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue, stock samsung cable won't charge. Micro usb does work but not very well either. Turns out that most external hard drives have the identical two prong plug- essentially the micro usb as well as the larger portion like the standard charge cable. Plugged one end into the wall charger, other into the phone. Works perfectly.

Ryan Picou

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
*SOLUTION*

I had the same issue, stock samsung cable won't charge. Micro usb does work but not very well either. Turns out that most external hard drives have the identical two prong plug- essentially the micro usb as well as the larger portion like the standard charge cable. Plugged one end into the wall charger, other into the phone. Works perfectly.

Mwana Punda

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

just come across this thread as I have the same issue! I woke this morning to 19% charge after 6 hours. Yesterday morning was 67%, it hasn't reached 100% for about a week. I have tried other chargers, removed the battery and place it back and right now, I have the phone turned off charging through the laptop.

When I try to charge it through the mains whilst turned off, it just vibrates every 2 seconds and shows a line across the screen as though something was going to show but stopped. Kind of thing you would see with a knackered screen.

Whilst I type this, I keep getting USB device not recognised as it connects and disconnects however the charge is still showing but doesnt seem to be putting anything into the phone.

The phone knows the charger is in, and shows but nothing is going in.

Would this be a phone or battery issue? Unfortunately I don't have a spare battery to try but have run out of ideas. The battery has been spot on since I bought the phone start of November until this charge issue started a week ago.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

moxtorres

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Did you get a fix to this? This exactly the same problem with my note 3. It shows charging when I use the power AC but it doesn't load and keeps draining fast. But it charges alright (slow, of course) when I plug it in my laptop. I'm still using the stock Samsung cable.

klaudm

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh, I just tried the recommended dry tooth brush method for the oxide on the port - it works!! So simple!! brush to charger head and the actual phone port till its shiny new. This has saved me from having to send it off for repairs for 5-7 days!! Thank you to whoever recommended it!

JayDroid78

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This seems to have worked for my Note 3! My issue was definitely with the fon as I had used multiple cords and chargers. I used both a 3.0 usb cord (the original) and several 2.0 cords, including my old Note 2 charger and cord. It kept telling me to use the original charger to prevent damage to the phone. I reset the phone, pulled the battery, soft reset, etc., but nothing was working until cleaning with the tooth brush. THANKS MUCH Menuka for taking the time to let us know!

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone/charger started doing this to me about a week ago. I used a product called Deoxit and sprayed it in the end of the cable and wiped it down. I then just inserted it several times into the phone and it works just like new. It does a great job of cleaning all the connections with just a small amount used.

Posted via Android Central App

Jeremy Brunk

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone plugged up all night, it's at 17% and going down fast? It's not charging although it shows it plugged up and under battery settings it says it's charging. I pulled battery- still not charging. Got my note bout 2 months ago, could it be a bad battery?

Jeremy Brunk

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone plugged up all night, it's at 17% and going down fast? It's not charging although it shows it plugged up and under battery settings it says it's charging. I pulled battery- still not charging. Got my note bout 2 months ago, could it be a bad battery?

I'm having same issue. The cord doesn't matter. I've tried multiple ones. The only way it will charge is by turning it off. I'm fighting with my carrier also.

anggia bagaskara

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Try brushing with the brush<<<<<< its worked for me without electric brush. Just be patient and brush a little bit quickly but no rush, then try to plug it with the charge, left it for a sleep than maybe miracle happens xd

arsha15

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
For some days my samsung galaxy note 3 is not charging. When i connect the charger it says "unable to charge your device.. Make sure you connected a Samsung compatible charger or connected properly" but sometimes it is charging with the same charger .I tried other chargers but the same happens..somebody please help..I reset my phone ..still the problem exist
Please help

nadd flamedart

May 4, 2016
Visit site
i recently have the same problem- cant charge the phone. how do u fix your problem? does changing the charging port fix your problem? i tried the toothbrush trick but i doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21