Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is being a NOTE 3 and WHY?

Currently using a Z10. I am Can-US truck driver and I find the Z10 a bit too small to work with it. As I need to take care of all my bills online in this new era.
    I am looking to get the Note 3 for its larger screen. which I think would make my life easier.
    It would be interesting to know from other peoples where they came from, what they had before and why they change....

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Who is being a NOTE 3 and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    Currently using a Z10. I am Can-US truck driver and I find the Z10 a bit too small to work with it. As I need to take care of all my bills online in this new era.
    I am looking to get the Note 3 for its larger screen. which I think would make my life easier.
    It would be interesting to know from other peoples where they came from, what they had before and why they change....
    Welcome to the forums!

That's certainly one route. You could also consider an LTE tablet like a Nexus 7 LTE. However, the Note 3 is a fine fine device.
    Live long and prosper.

Hi Alain. I came from the iPhone 3G, 4, 4S, and 5. I made the switch because I wanted something different. The big screen on this is a bonus for me. I was carrying around in my purse the iPhone and iPad, top heavy and too much for me. It all the same anyway, just one had a bigger screen!
    If I need an iPhone fix, I'll just use my husband's tiny phone! But with this large screen, I don't want to use anything else.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mine is primarily used used for work and the size comes in handy for my old eyes. In addition with off line map applications such as Sygic and Copilot, it comes close to being an all in one device. I have both map applications and prefer Sygic.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

I came from a S4 and before that iphone 4s
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks for the welcoming.

I was thinking about a tablet as well cause I am tired to bring my laptop with me. a bit bulky.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

yes that is what I am thinking now one device for everything.......but which one ( still thinking )
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I am in the same boat. Need something bigger for my eyes as well. At 57, when I tried to read an e-mail while the truck is on the move it is a bit hard. Bigger screen would definitely help. Also I am trying to find a way to use google maps while on the road for direction from address to address. Not practical to pull out the laptop while on the move.
    Oh!... OFF LINE MAPS Sounds very good to me.....Need to know more about it..........
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by nettech207 View Post
    I came from a S4 and before that iphone 4s
    how long with your note?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

thanks to everyone..I just realize now that all the reply to each of you was done without quote which I should have used...every respond was made as I was reading each of you
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    Mine is primarily used used for work and the size comes in handy for my old eyes. In addition with off line map applications such as Sygic and Copilot, it comes close to being an all in one device. I have both map applications and prefer Sygic.

Via my Note 3

what type of work?

I (in the near future) might buy a rig and I intend to use the phone for business as well
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

oh error in the title.How do I fix it? should read behind instead of being

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Welcome to the forums! I just want to let you know that you can multi quote several posts. This way you can respond to everyone in a single post rather than multiple posts.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    Welcome to the forums! I just want to let you know that you can multi quote several posts. This way you can respond to everyone in a single post rather than multiple posts.
    oh ok didn't think about that

The note 3 is excellent. Since you drive for a living the offline maps would be the way to go as the online maps like google can use a lot of data.

I bought a note 8 tablet about 6 months ago and use it primarily for work and my note 3 is for personal use. The note 10 2014 is also put now and has everything the note 3 has except in a 10 inch format.

After using the note series of phone and tablet, I will not go back to anything smaller and I also have to have an active stylus now.

You really cant go wrong with the note and if you have any problems or questions these forums can answer almost anything!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    The note 3 is excellent. Since you drive for a living the offline maps would be the way to go as the online maps like google can use a lot of data.

I bought a note 8 tablet about 6 months ago and use it primarily for work and my note 3 is for personal use. The note 10 2014 is also put now and has everything the note 3 has except in a 10 inch format.

After using the note series of phone and tablet, I will not go back to anything smaller and I also have to have an active stylus now.

You really cant go wrong with the note and if you have any problems or questions these forums can answer almost anything!

Please?don't encourage people to use their phones while driving.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I didnt encourage anyone to use the phone while driving. The GPS and navigation can be accomplished hands free, furthermore, there are stand alone gps systems that have been around a lot longer than cells with gps.

Using gps with audible directions and a map is not the same as carrying on a text conversation or even talking on the phone while driving.

Thanked by:
    Haalcyon likes this.

Try them all, especially Sygic.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

To be honest, I am a "poser".. and the Note 3 makes me look good..

I was going to be a note 3 for Halloween, but then my friend told me that they were going to be a note 3 for Halloween so I went as a Blackberry instead.....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I was going to be a note 3 for Halloween, but then my friend told me that they were going to be a note 3 for Halloween so I went as a Blackberry instead.....
    Nice. Were you a Z10?

N7
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Nice. Were you a Z10?

N7

Nothing specific, I just went in blackberry face until someone told me it was in poor taste so I just stayed home and posted on the forums all night.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Nothing specific, I just went in blackberry face until someone told me it was in poor taste so I just stayed home and posted on the forums all night.
    Aaaaah. Well, I can't think of a better way to spend Halloween if you're not gonna party or trick-or-treat.

N7
    Live long and prosper.

Maybe I had too much caffeine but this made me LOL.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

All kidding aside, (although the idea of "being" a Note 3 as the title suggests would make for good forum banter, "describe your life through your note 3's eyes"...."We have a good time, but I wish he'd stop taking me into the restroom with him, although maybe we're in church considering how often I hear the phrase 'dear god'" ) I decided to buy a note 3 because I had a long and rocky history with HTC. I figured it was time for a change and wanted something that would prove more productive for me at work. I used to carry my tablet around and my cell phone. Now I just carry my phone around with me and life is easier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast