1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 Durability

Hello!

I just upgraded from a Motorola DROID RAZR to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. As with the DROID RAZR, I have an Otterbox Commuter case around my Galaxy Note 3. Although this phone fits in my hands just fine, it is rather tight in my front jeans pocket.

I am afraid that the phone will flex or break in my front pocket if I sit down or bend over too much. Especially whenever I am getting in and out of my car, I can feel a lot of tension in that pocket.

Is anyone aware of any issues with the Galaxy Note 3 breaking inside someone's pocket as a result of being flexed too much? If so, what is a safer alternative? I am a man, so I don't carry around a purse!

Also, what's a good alternative for Motorola SmartActions?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Durability

Break with an Otterbox on? That'd be an awful lot of stress. I would think you'd be ok. Deeper pockets maybe?

No experience with Smartactions, but I'm pretty sure you could set up Tasker to do everything Smartactions does, and then some. Disclaimer - Tasker is not user friendly. At least for me it wasn't, steep learning curve.

Automateit replaces smart action nicely

Sent from my Note 3

I carry my GN3 the same way and while still pocketable I am unable to sit down comfortably with it in my front jeans pocket. Even the GS3 was uncomfortable in the same situations. I always remove my phones from my pocket when sitting.

I haven't heard of anyone bending the note 3. Unlike a certain metal phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Anyone store the note in their back pocket. I did this with my iPhone 4s and now I'm affair of sitting and snapping my note in half

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,215 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by jacobjs01 View Post
    Anyone store the note in their back pocket. I did this with my iPhone 4s and now I'm affair of sitting and snapping my note in half

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    No. When I had one I wouldn't dream of it but I used to do that with my old Note 2.

Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

I have a habit of carrying mine in my back pocket in jeans or shorts. It has been fine, and I have squatted, and sat lightly on it, without it every feeling like it was flexing. I am more afraid of it in my front pocket. I prefer it in either my shirt pocket or jacket pocket while sitting. It actually does better in my front pockets of my dress slacks, over jeans.

It normally sits in the seat with me, in jacket/vest pocket, or seat when at dinner. At work it always sits on my desk, and its always out in the car, in the passanger seat.

I keep mine in my front pants pocket. I usually wear khakis to work and they're loose so I don't feel like it would ever break. If I wear jeans then it is a bit of a tighter fit so I try to keep the phone in a hoodie pocket and not my jeans.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Not a good idea to carry any phone in your front pocket if the pants are tight,, especially with the size of this phone. When I wear jeans they fit great and feel great in my front pocket but I still don't. I carry in my back pocket and take out when I sit. No I never forget to take it out.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    I keep mine in my front pants pocket. I usually wear khakis to work and they're loose so I don't feel like it would ever break. If I wear jeans then it is a bit of a tighter fit so I try to keep the phone in a hoodie pocket and not my jeans.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    I have to take the case off when I wear tight jeans, but the phone is solid so I am not even worried about it in my front pocket.