Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By seoulbrova
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The $7 tempered Glass Protector

This hands down beats the 9 dollar one I got off Amazon. Amazon shipped it via Prime but the actual glass was crap. It blocked the front camera and made it blurry. This one took forever (from China) but is legit.

At $7 I'd say it's just as good as anything else that companies are selling. I wouldn't be surprised if most of these were all made in the same factories.
    marcw424 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: The $7 tempered Glass Protector

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    This hands down beats the 9 dollar one I got off Amazon. Amazon shipped it via Prime but the actual glass was crap. It blocked the front camera and made it blurry. This one took forever (from China) but is legit.

At $7 I'd say it's just as good as anything else that companies are selling. I wouldn't be surprised if most of these were all made in the same factories.
    What exactly is the brand and product name, and where did you purchase it?

I just took a shot with the front facing camera. First, it is kind of awkward trying to take a picture with the front facing camera facing away from you. We have to put our hands up front, to press the icon to take the picture, that may or may not have an affect, also we are moving a little bit too. I surely wasn't still. The front part near the shield on my helmet seems blurred. However, I don't know how the front facing camera performs WITHOUT the glass. Or how the front facing camera performs if I use it normally.. I surely wasn't going to take a pic of my ugly mug...

Do you have the link/seller's name where you got that one from on ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMystikle View Post
    Do you have the link/seller's name where you got that one from on ebay?
    I have both of these. .You noticed they are slightly different with the opening at the top. The first one is the one I have on now. The other one is backup..

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    What exactly is the brand and product name, and where did you purchase it?

How is the S-pen functionality with this protector? I am looking for a screen protector for my wife. Thanks.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by MustangDan74 View Post
    How is the S-pen functionality with this protector? I am looking for a screen protector for my wife. Thanks.
    it feels like you're writing on the stock screen.

the pen glides better on this than on the hard plastic screen protector (SGP) that I initially had.

I got the "Perfect Tempered Glass Screen Protector" (the middle one from the video in the first post) and installed it today and so far so good. I actually ended up buying it from here: (Same product, same packaging). It's $1 more but it's a US seller and still free shipping, so rather than wait for 2 weeks for it to come from Asia, I got it in about 4 days.

I've only had it on for a few hours but I do notice it is harder to write with the S-pen than the naked glass. The S-pen doesn't slide as well on the screen protector but I'm thinking that it's the oleophobic coating that they put on it and so the gliding of the pen will probably improve as the coating wears off/down. The sensitivity of the S-pen, however, is exactly the same as the naked glass, imo.

I combined the tempered glass screen protector with a TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case and I feel pretty good about it surviving bumps, scratches, and small drops.