What do you miss about your former phone

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I came from a nokia lumia 1020 so miss the camera but nothing else. I was willing to sacrifice and put up with windows phone but its just too broken as a platform so got a note 3. I must say though even for a normal phone camera the note 3s is quite bad, im finding pictures just arent sharp enough. Even in very bright indoor situations pictures come out blurry. This is a bit confusing though as the note 3 was ment to have the same sensor as the S4. I owned an s4 before the lumia and it took better pictures than the note. Only my opinion though :-!:cool:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why did you give up the note 3? Did you make a trade with Rob Ford?

Posted via Android Central App

Who is Rob Ford? The Note 3 seemed to be a little big to be my primary device, especially since I won't use a phone without a VERY protective case. Now, if I was willing to carry my phone around without the protection a case offers the phone would have been just fine. I wanted something a little more discreet. Enter the G2. When I DO want that phablet device the Optimus G Pro fits the bill quite nicely but is a whopping $300 cheaper than the Note 3. What did I do with the savings? Got an Nexus 7. Now I have all the sizes I want and can try multiple different launchers/ROMs simultaneously. This model works well for me.

g2 cm10.2

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Who is Rob Ford? The Note 3 seemed to be a little big to be my primary device, especially since I won't use a phone without a VERY protective case. Now, if I was willing to carry my phone around without the protection a case offers the phone would have been just fine. I wanted something a little more discreet. Enter the G2. When I DO want that phablet device the Optimus G Pro fits the bill quite nicely but is a whopping $300 cheaper than the Note 3. What did I do with the savings? Got an Nexus 7. Now I have all the sizes I want and can try multiple different launchers/ROMs simultaneously. This model works well for me.

g2 cm10.2

Google his name, but the short answer is he's the crack smoking mayor of Toronto.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I gave the Note 2 to my husband, so the only thing I miss is his #itching about the crappy signal and battery life on his old S2. It's nice to have visitation rights though, now I can have one in each hand, lol. ;)

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've gone through a few in the past six months alone.

Blackberry Z10 - That was a wonderful keyboard. I love Swiftkey and all but the flow of the Z10 typing was amazing. The Z10 had a very class and professional design as well. OS is easily the best and most sensible layout still.

HTC One - the audio. Amazing sound. I forget what it's called but their version of Flipboard was OK too. That's pretty much it.

Galaxy S4 active - It was waterproof. That's seriously it.

Galaxy S4 - The number of cases available.

The LG G2 - Amazing phone! The screen real estate thanks to the small bezels was great. Knock on feature made perfect sense for meetings. Rear buttons were well placed. It was also the perfectly sized phone. Their version of S View flip case was actually useful. You could still touch the screen and answer\speak on the phone with out ever having to open it.

I do love my Note 3 though. No question. This is the max size though. If the next version bigger, I probably won't be getting it.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I still miss the kickstand on my old Thunderbolt. :p It was sweet being able to put the phone up portrait or landscape on my desk; made it easy to see and use without having to pick it up all the time. Also was awesome for watching video (ex. NFL football games). :) Now with the Note 2, have to use the stand/spare battery charger to do that (pic below) as I don't like cases (that may have a kickstand), prefer to use the phone naked.

EB-H1J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a note 3 and before it I had another note 3. What I liked about my old Note 3 was that it was a physical phone. The Note 3 I just got is an imaginary Note 3, even though I paid for a physical Note 3.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I still miss the kickstand on my old Thunderbolt. :p It was sweet being able to put the phone up portrait or landscape on my desk; made it easy to see and use without having to pick it up all the time. Also was awesome for watching video (ex. NFL football games). :) Now with the Note 2, have to use the stand/spare battery charger to do that (pic below) as I don't like cases (that may have a kickstand), prefer to use the phone naked.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg&token=D6I31D8J

You can use the flygrip with or without case and it allows you to use it as a kickstand in both vertical and horizontal mode

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 2 and wish I'd never gotten rid of it. It was a such a solid and reliable build both hardware and software wise. Great battery life, sound quality, snappy response. I guess I'm going to have to break down and root the Note 3 as well, but it's so much trouble to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge