1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Got massive batt drain overnight

Can anybody help me interpret this data? Did not happen to me until only yesterday and today..

Thanks!

And I was using an S view cover so im pretty sure my phone is in sleep mode, and the screen turns off 30secs of no usage so I dont know why it has been awake most of the time as per stats on wakelock..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drain-1386284340191.jpg   Battery drain-1386284359061.jpg   Battery drain-1386284381230.jpg   Battery drain-1386284396265.jpg   Battery drain-1386284435781.jpg  

Default Re: Battery drain

i think there are two things to try:

1. put a power toggle widget on the desktop to turn off wifi and mobile data before bed, just two taps.
    2. uninstall BBM.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510

BBM was keeping the phone awake.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you to the replies above. Yes I have a toggle for those two but my mobile data is not on, I am on airplane mode all night. But yes my wifi is on.

Another question is why this battery drain is happening just this past 2 days, and not after I installed bbm at its android launch?

Posted via Android Central App

If you do the math those apps aren't keeping your phone awake the 82% of the time. You have 10 hours of wakelock and only a little more than 10 minutes showing there. Your phones battery stats report shows you the culprit. An android service is using up your battery. BBM is not the culprit here. BBM is just waking his phone up more frequently than any other app. It's actually low on the list for total time awake at 18 seconds. So uninstalling it isn't the answer. To find out more go to wakelock detectors settings and choose advanced mode. Google services and or Android system will now be your number one wakelocks click on each one of those and you can pinpoint exactly what's causing it. Do that and post your screen shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by putsometrebleinit View Post
    If you do the math those apps aren't keeping your phone awake the 82% of the time. You have 10 hours of wakelock and only a little more than 10 minutes showing there. Your phones battery stats report shows you the culprit. An android service is using up your battery. BBM is not the culprit here. BBM is just waking his phone up more frequently than any other app. It's actually low on the list for total time awake at 18 seconds. So uninstalling it isn't the answer. To find out more go to wakelock detectors settings and choose advanced mode. Google services and or Android system will now be your number one wakelocks click on each one of those and you can pinpoint exactly what's causing it. Do that and post your screen shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this, will do. Ill post an update tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

May I ask what you think is acceptable for overnight drain? I for one mine drops anywhere from 5% to 11%..all depends on the notifications I get but alot of the time I charge it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    May I ask what you think is acceptable for overnight drain? I for one mine drops anywhere from 5% to 11%..all depends on the notifications I get but alot of the time I charge it overnight.
    I say 0.5 % / hour max.

Turn off data and wifi before going to bed.

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510