1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - old emails getting pushed back to my phone

I have two email accounts linked to my phone and on one of the accounts I keep getting old emails pushed to the phone all day.

I will recieve 4 emails monday, read and delete them. Then on wednesday the same emails will come back as unread email but it shows they were reveieved two days prior.

Any idea why this is happening?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - old emails getting pushed back to my phone

Sounds as if it's on the emails backend and not the Note's fault. Check your emails settings that deleted content gets deleted and not just put into a "deleted folder". Also check to see if it's set to re-notify you of unread messages after X amount of days. If so, turn it off.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

He can also go to his email account on the Web and delete them there . I had this problem and went to my account via browser and deleted them emails and they are no longer showing up on my phone.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I tried both of those things and its still happening.

Quote Originally Posted by grex18 View Post
    I tried both of those things and its still happening.

Well,I don't know what to tell you.

i just figured out the problem. I have a note2, but have had this problem for 15 months I have had it and just figured it out. its the mail setting which tells it how many mails to retrieve from your mailbox. the last setting i had was 25, so whenever i went below 25 emails from a particular email address, the note went ahead and grabbed x more to make 25, and these appear as new emails on the note. i just changed the setting to total, so it will now keep everything on the note that i have kept in my email provider mailbox. goto settings, email, then settings again and choose the email you want to fix and its the recent messages field.

I also had this problem. ...I asked about it the other day on here. Someone said to delete the Acct and re add it. That worked for me :0)

Quote Originally Posted by jelliebean82 View Post
    I also had this problem. ...I asked about it the other day on here. Someone said to delete the Acct and re add it. That worked for me :0)

I had same problem and this fixed it. I have mine settings set to 50 emails. It was also only doing this on my yahoo account.

This was happening to me too. So far the old emails haven't came back yet.