Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - old emails getting pushed back to my phone

grex18

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have two email accounts linked to my phone and on one of the accounts I keep getting old emails pushed to the phone all day.

I will recieve 4 emails monday, read and delete them. Then on wednesday the same emails will come back as unread email but it shows they were reveieved two days prior.

Any idea why this is happening?

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds as if it's on the emails backend and not the Note's fault. Check your emails settings that deleted content gets deleted and not just put into a "deleted folder". Also check to see if it's set to re-notify you of unread messages after X amount of days. If so, turn it off.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
He can also go to his email account on the Web and delete them there . I had this problem and went to my account via browser and deleted them emails and they are no longer showing up on my phone.

ngjandm

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
i just figured out the problem. I have a note2, but have had this problem for 15 months I have had it and just figured it out. its the mail setting which tells it how many mails to retrieve from your mailbox. the last setting i had was 25, so whenever i went below 25 emails from a particular email address, the note went ahead and grabbed x more to make 25, and these appear as new emails on the note. i just changed the setting to total, so it will now keep everything on the note that i have kept in my email provider mailbox. goto settings, email, then settings again and choose the email you want to fix and its the recent messages field.

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I also had this problem. ...I asked about it the other day on here. Someone said to delete the Acct and re add it. That worked for me :0)

ubnserved

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I also had this problem. ...I asked about it the other day on here. Someone said to delete the Acct and re add it. That worked for me :0)

I had same problem and this fixed it. I have mine settings set to 50 emails. It was also only doing this on my yahoo account.

Mr Wellwisher

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My emails always showing unread messages which I already read, when I marked as an read email it's push back again.
Can anybody tell me the solution please.

Janice Still

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I deleted the cache from the stock app - And, also, the data. Then had to reset the email outgoing and ingoing settings. So far so good. Once deleted from server (again in the settings) have not appeared again.
I wanted to avoid a factory reset.... which even The O2 Gurus suggested!
Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza