So, the router at my work seems to be fine. Everything works, instagram, facebook, chrome browsing, etc.
But, at home.. they replaced our at&t uverse router and I always seem to have issues with my phones wifi. Can't refresh instagram at home, facebook takes a while to load, speedtest looks fine, chrome works fine, its really odd. I've tried it with wifi off and everything works fine with data at home.
I know that 4.3 or possibly the note 3 have wifi issues, but I only have this issue at home. Should I be changing some specific settings? I've never had att u-verse before, have always had linksys routers at home and never had issues.
Any idea? Thanks in advance!
- 12-06-2013, 12:14 PM #2
Re: Router Issues/Settings?
You'll need to learn how to log into your new router to access its settings. If the router didn't come with a manual, you should be able to find it online fairly easily by doing a simple search of its brand and model number.
Initial thing to check would be to see if your router's wifi channel is set to one with a lot of congestion. You can see what kind of local bandwidth traffic there is by running a PC program called inSSIDer. Then pick a channel that isn't being used by many other local routers.
Other things to try are outlined here: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems
- 12-06-2013, 08:31 PM #4
- By PurpleQuirc in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2013, 09:55 PM
- By catkeepr in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 12-07-2013, 03:30 PM
- By Kolbe Nite in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2013, 06:14 AM
- By AuburnGrad in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
- By wmscottmc in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:25 PM