Does Samsung Care cheat?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they didn't replace the LCD attached to the digitaliser maybe they did. End if the day OP got a free repair and it shouldn't really matter.

The repairer could be extremely good with a heat and glue gun. He could of separated the digitaliser from the LCD and reattached it to the new one.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
The glass that your screen protector is on is NOT the lcd digitizer. I recently replaced the lcd digitizer on my tablet but did not have to replace the glass.

Sent from my A100 using AC Forums mobile app

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think what the OP is saying is that his screen went out so he took it to a Samsung repair center. They concluded the screen is bad so they said they will order a new one and to come back when it arrives so they can install it. So he comes back and they replace his screen. Mind you now, this is under warranty. So he gets his phone back and he's worried that since the scratches are still on the "chrome" ring around the screen and his screen protector was there that they didn't replace it.

He did not state that he purchased the screen third party and took it to them to repair. Nor do I believe this to be the case. And if I'm right, they are not going to give him the old screen. It's warranty work. No place I have ever dealt with has given you the old non-working part that was fixed under warranty. Besides, Samsung isn't going to replace a screen bought third party at a Samsung repair center under warranty. It Isn't going to happen. Period.

Now if he took it to a non-official cell phone repair shop, yeah this could have happened. But he has said it was under warranty.....a non-official repair shop isn't going to do warranty work on a Note 3 because well....they want to get paid...and Samsung isn't going to pay them because all warranty work goes to a "Samsung Repair Facility".

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently checked my benchmark performance ang the score was 21k!! Before this phone got ficked it was 36k!? Is it also possible they removed "somethibg" from my phone?? :(

Posted via Android Central App

They probably replaced the internals of your note 3 with that of a iPhone 3G on accident......J/K

No, they didn't remove anything. Why would they and how? The firmware is nested for the internal components of the Note 3. If they did remove anything....it wouldn't work. Stop looking at benchies and enjoy your phone.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
so you were hoping to keep the "free" lcd screen? I don't know why you'd think you'd get to keep it if they fixed the original. I personally would have more peace of mind if they fixed the original parts as opposed to having to pry the phone open to replace a part (as long as it's actually fixed that is).

So if i may sum up, you received the lcd part for free via the warranty, took the phone in for repair and give them the free lcd screen. Either they didn't or did replace the lcd, but the lcd is now working, and you think it's wrong that they kept the lcd (even though you received the lcd as part of the warranty itself)? Does that sound about right? If so, you may want to ask the moderators to delete this thread because it sounds like you were the one trying to scam samsung out of a free lcd screen and are now whining because the repair shop kept your "free" lcd screen.

bingo!!!! :d

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe there are people out there with this way of thinking. It's OK to be robbed Is basically what you are saying,, it works so consider yourself lucky. It's that thinking that lets theses scumbags get away with fraud . There is no way they could have taken the screen protector off and put it back on making it look exactly the same. This person in my opinion was obviously robbed and according to you they should just shut up and take it.,,, Alrighty then. You wonder about people who's think this way. It's almost like siding with the theft.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

He got the screen free via the warranty. They repaired the screen (whether or not they used the free screen is under debate), seems like a non issue to me?!?!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I take back my comment. It was made thinking this individual paid for a screen,, my apologies. Still, to think that most companies are corrupt, and we should just deal with it is what I was really speaking out against,, that I will never accept but in this case the op made it seem they were robbed and it is beginning to look like they were trying to do the robbing.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy