Does Samsung Care cheat?

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had my LCD replaced. They told me to come back after the replacement is done. After 30 mins or so, I went back and got my phone. To my surprise, the LCD protector was still there. He told me that he transfered the protector from the old LCD to the new one. So I was glad I didn't have to buy another protector. But just recently, I found the same scratches in the silver frame of my phone before it was fixed. I quite worried. I asked myself, "Did they really replace my LCD?" "Did they cheat on me!?" Guus, can you please give me a piece of advice? I am really worried... very worried.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well it's obvious your LCD was broke as to why you took it in to get repaired right? And if so, does it work correctly? If it does there's no need to be worried.

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Well it's obvious your LCD was broke as to why you took it in to get repaired right? And if so, does it work correctly? If it does there's no need to be worried.

Yes, it works fine. I ran all tests and it all passed.

Does your LCD work exactly as it should when before it did not?

It's okay now. I just can't accept things (if ever they cheated). I spent 5 days going back to their care center plus I waited for 3 days for the LCD to arrive. I did a lot of work.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

It's okay now. I just can't accept things (if ever they cheated). I spent 5 days going back to their care center plus I waited for 3 days for the LCD to arrive. I did a lot of work.

If it works like it is supposed to, don't worry about it. If it still isn't working correctly, take it back to the repair center and explain your problem.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

So the concern is that they corrected the issue without replacing the screen and added the brand new LCD you provided to THEIR inventory instead of using it on your phone? This could have possibly been avoided by requesting the old parts be returned to you but at this point I'm not sure what you can do.

gp8.3

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

If it works, then that should be what matters.. No company or person out here is perfect. If you problem was solved, you are ahead of the game. If it makes you feel any better, if possible switch to some other outfit.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is a point as to whether the op has a screen that works or not. I think it is a matter that op ordered and received a new screen took it to the repair shop for them to replace it but instead they fixed the old screen and basically stole the op's new screen. I would be very upset myself if someone did that to me. It happens often with car repairs and in other repairs. It is very crooked and shady when they do that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is a point as to whether the op has a screen that works or not. I think it is a matter that op ordered and received a new screen took it to the repair shop for them to replace it but instead they fixed the old screen and basically stole the op's new screen. I would be very upset myself if someone did that to me. It happens often with car repairs and in other repairs. It is very crooked and shady when they do that.

Which is why you should ask for the old parts. Its not foolproof but can help.

Optimus G Pro

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Ok, can this be proven? If so, then the OP has a point that should be taken up with customer care, or you might even say fraud. But, if this is just hearsay? Just asking?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I learned a long time ago that if I ever take anything of mine (automobile, cell phone, etc) to be repaired, even if I've done some of the troubleshooting myself and have a replacement part, I NEVER give the repair shop any new parts that I believe would fix the issue. The repair shop is going to run their own troubleshooting steps so why give them parts to throw at your device and then have them charge you? Would it have been better if they came back and said, "Well we fixed your phone's LCD screen without it needing the replacement, but since you had us put the new one on, we have to charge you an extra $60 for labor"? The better approach would've been to let them do their troubleshooting, if they come back and say, "you have an LCD screen that's broken so we're going to have to replace it for $50", then you can come back and say, "I have already purchased one".

I still don't understand why you'd want to purchase replacement parts yourself if you're going through them to repair the phone.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
One thing though most repair shops charge you more than the part costs when they purchase it and install it. If you buy the part yourself then you can often save money.

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
The technician told me that he'll keep my old lcd. I already messaged our local samsung center.i asked them if it is part of the process that they'll keep the old parts rather than giving it to the customer. I still have this feeling that the guy didnt change my lcd. Although it works perfectly fine but the act of deceitfulness is just not accepted. I cant accept that. I forgot to tell you guys that it's part of my 1 year warranty. So i got the lcd for free. Even though it is for free, they shouldnt do that. Im still not concluding though that they tricked me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The technician told me that he'll keep my old lcd. I already messaged our local samsung center.i asked them if it is part of the process that they'll keep the old parts rather than giving it to the customer. I still have this feeling that the guy didnt change my lcd. Although it works perfectly fine but the act of deceitfulness is just not accepted. I cant accept that. I forgot to tell you guys that it's part of my 1 year warranty. So i got the lcd for free. Even though it is for free, they shouldnt do that. Im still not concluding though that they tricked me.

I guess another thing to do is to write "BAD" on the screen in permanent marker. Again, this doesn't help the OP in this scenario but it may reduce the chance of getting scammed in the future.

gp8.3

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

That's a pretty insane assumption.

I don't think Samsung would let you 'bring your own' parts for repairs.

As for the bezel, that's not part of the screen, so the screen can be replaced without replacing the bezel as well.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I learned a long time ago that if I ever take anything of mine (automobile, cell phone, etc) to be repaired, even if I've done some of the troubleshooting myself and have a replacement part, I NEVER give the repair shop any new parts that I believe would fix the issue. The repair shop is going to run their own troubleshooting steps so why give them parts to throw at your device and then have them charge you? Would it have been better if they came back and said, "Well we fixed your phone's LCD screen without it needing the replacement, but since you had us put the new one on, we have to charge you an extra $60 for labor"? The better approach would've been to let them do their troubleshooting, if they come back and say, "you have an LCD screen that's broken so we're going to have to replace it for $50", then you can come back and say, "I have already purchased one".

I still don't understand why you'd want to purchase replacement parts yourself if you're going through them to repair the phone.

I think your opinion and question are right on the money..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That's a pretty insane assumption.

I don't think Samsung would let you 'bring your own' parts for repairs.

As for the bezel, that's not part of the screen, so the screen can be replaced without replacing the bezel as well.

I have been following this thread with my Sherlock Holmes hat on!! :D

The OP is using terms as "I got a feeling".. Also, you are stating that the part that the OP sees the sames scratches is not part of the screen..

Look, I am against shady doings by any company. But, prove they have done something shady first. Assumptions and "I think" are not proof.. Plus, the phone is working.. Plus, somebody else said why would the OP take a part to a place where they are going to repair it??

Just adding my two cents to something that really doesn't seem like anything.. The "I got a feeling" doesn't hold water no where..

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

So you were hoping to keep the "free" LCD screen? I don't know why you'd think you'd get to keep it if they fixed the original. I personally would have more peace of mind if they fixed the original parts as opposed to having to pry the phone open to replace a part (as long as it's actually fixed that is).

So if I may sum up, you received the LCD part for free via the warranty, took the phone in for repair and give them the FREE LCD screen. Either they didn't or did replace the LCD, but the LCD is now working, and you think it's wrong that they kept the LCD (even though you received the LCD as part of the warranty itself)? Does that sound about right? If so, you may want to ask the moderators to delete this thread because it sounds like you were the one trying to scam Samsung out of a free LCD screen and are now whining because the repair shop kept your "free" LCD screen.

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently checked my benchmark performance ang the score was 21k!! Before this phone got ficked it was 36k!? Is it also possible they removed "somethibg" from my phone?? :(

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If it works, then that should be what matters.. No company or person out here is perfect. If you problem was solved, you are ahead of the game. If it makes you feel any better, if possible switch to some other outfit.

Can't believe there are people out there with this way of thinking. It's OK to be robbed Is basically what you are saying,, it works so consider yourself lucky. It's that thinking that lets theses scumbags get away with fraud . There is no way they could have taken the screen protector off and put it back on making it look exactly the same. This person in my opinion was obviously robbed and according to you they should just shut up and take it.,,, Alrighty then. You wonder about people who's think this way. It's almost like siding with the theft.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance