No sound on phone calls!

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife's VZW Note 3 can place calls, but neither end can hear anything (both in LTE coverage and elsewhere). When she calls me on landline or my VZW Moto-X, complete silence and she hears complete silence. Same problem when calling other folks on other carriers, so it clearly is a problem with the Note 3.

She's obviously rebooted her phone, but is there any other recommendations to try before a hard reset or taking it in? It was purchased at BB so it has the Geek Squad Protection insurance (if that matters).

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Also, do you have a bluetooth item connected to it, if not, can you connect a bluetooth device to it and do you get audio from the bluetooth device?

And if you do have bluetooth on, try turning it off and see what the audio does.

chefyota4x4

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My wife's VZW Note 3 can place calls, but neither end can hear anything (both in LTE coverage and elsewhere). When she calls me on landline or my VZW Moto-X, complete silence and she hears complete silence. Same problem when calling other folks on other carriers, so it clearly is a problem with the Note 3.

She's obviously rebooted her phone, but is there any other recommendations to try before a hard reset or taking it in? It was purchased at BB so it has the Geek Squad Protection insurance (if that matters).

I'm not sure, but I figure your lady has figured it out by now... Just in case, for the rest that might be really frustrated with this happening out of nowhere... Go to your settings, select "my device", select "call", and go to the very bottom setting of "voice privacy". ..... unselect that button if it is checked off, and your calls audio will be back. At least in my case it was. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Android, but so many things have happened since the 4.3 jelly bean update... Including losing my ability to upload videos to Instagram. If I wasn't networking there, I wouldn't care... But there hasn't been a single answer, other than changing the kernel or ROM... I am NOT text savvy enough to be changing ROM and so forth, especially not for one problem with one app... ugh. Lol

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Whether connected to bluetooth (car) or disconnected made no difference. Samsung support had me video record myself talking, it was silent on the playback. A hard reset corrected the problem and it hasn't re-occurred.

maryedel7

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
ok it stopped workin this morning but when I applied pressure to that area it worked....so this is definitely the problem...tells me the audio chip is not soldered correctly...so im either going have a tech reball, deal with it or just get another phone....for the money ppl pay thinking theyre getting a high end phone when theyre getting a throw away unit that should not have passed in the assembly line they should at least make good on their mistakes....smh at these companies....

CynLea

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
My phone has also done this in the past. It can be fixed. You need to wipe your cache partition. It's a very simple process. Google directions for your phone brand. You may have to do it more than once. I swear by it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles