Bought a Note 3, only received a Note 3 "box"

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember the last 2 phones I had delivered always requiring a signature. Have phone carriers decided that it's not necessary or is it the delivery drivers that are being reckless with our devices?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember the last 2 phones I had delivered always requiring a signature. Have phone carriers decided that it's not necessary or is it the delivery drivers that are being reckless with our devices?

Phones from FedEx require indirect signature. Phones from usps didn't require signature. I haven't received any phone from ups

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember for the life of me if my phones came via UPS or Fed-Ex, but if that's the case, I hope my future phone deliveries are signature required.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The UPS driver had turned out to leave and then noticed that a signature was required, but I think it was his first day on the job by himself.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
my Moto X shipped 2 day by Motorola using FedEx did not require a signature. I was very surprised that it was just left at the door. I had my box cutter ready but the driver took off before I could open the box, lol!

Luckily the phone was in the box.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
my Moto X shipped 2 day by Motorola using FedEx did not require a signature. I was very surprised that it was just left at the door. I had my box cutter ready but the driver took off before I could open the box, lol!

Luckily the phone was in the box.

Maybe you answering the door with a pair of box cutters in your hand is what ran him off so fast? :p

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know the new drivers were I did Christmas relief work if someone looks slightly, even the slightest odd look about the box's arriving they will ask for their full name and address before showing them the box's details just clarify its for the right house.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
More than once I've signed for someone else' packages by honest mistake. Was expecting a shipment from Amazon or whatever, driver shows up, I sign for package and then toss it on my desk until later. I have UPS and/or Fedex here at my home office 5-7 times per week, regular situation. Then later I'd realize (sometimes not until after opening) that it was someone else' package.

This is very common, simple human error, doesn't always indicate fraud or deception. Then again, I'm honest and call to make the situation right....although I seldom know whether or not the product gets re-routed to the intended recipient or if that person has already filed a claim and it just goes into someone's "free stuff" stash.

What I do know is that I really want to meet a Ms. Reynolds that lives quite near me. She has very good taste in racy lingerie.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
More than once I've signed for someone else' packages by honest mistake. Was expecting a shipment from Amazon or whatever, driver shows up, I sign for package and then toss it on my desk until later. I have UPS and/or Fedex here at my home office 5-7 times per week, regular situation. Then later I'd realize (sometimes not until after opening) that it was someone else' package.

This is very common, simple human error, doesn't always indicate fraud or deception. Then again, I'm honest and call to make the situation right....although I seldom know whether or not the product gets re-routed to the intended recipient or if that person has already filed a claim and it just goes into someone's "free stuff" stash.

What I do know is that I really want to meet a Ms. Reynolds that lives quite near me. She has very good taste in racy lingerie.

UPS/Fed Ex 5 to 7 times per week? They're not coming from Puerto Rico or Colombia now are they?? :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely, if I don't get resolution within a reasonable time, I would certainly file. But they won't do squat anyway. I was involved in a hit and run accident a while back, car was totalled and over $10k in damages, plus medical bills. Cop came saw a trail of coolant, followed it and said that it ended in front of a house and that's it. He didn't even talk to the neighbors or check tow truck services or anything.

Filing a police report helps you for any future problems such as arrests or litigation. Cops don't want to do the paperwork on a crime that most likely won't be solved. I know this as I used to be a Deputy...it's a pita....but I know it's also an obligation. See, having a report on file will help you in future cases. If this were to happen again to you, they can go back and pull the report from this and add it to the new report. From that they might be able to see a pattern....not just from yours but from other's reports as well and make some sort of connection to whom it might be and make an arrest. But without your report, the connection and arrest might not be made and/or charged with a crime that happened to you. If it does happen to you again, the first thing they are going to ask is did you file a report on the first incident and you're going to have to tell them no. No report....no crime....it won't be taken seriously.

All I'm saying don't let them tell you squat. Fill out the report, get it done, get it on file, and move on. It might serve to be useful in the future.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I know Ms. Reynolds. One thing to note though... He is actually a dude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, HTC Resound, iPhone 5

Previous Phones:
Droid X, HTC Incredible, Blackberry 9700, Blackberry 8830

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I just hope you're not trying her stuff on....

And you're doing it wrong. If you get sex lingerie delivered to you by mistake, the gentlemanly thing to do is to hand deliver it, unless it's big girl sized, and then what you do is give it to your slow witted friend to deliver. :D

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Filing a police report helps you for any future problems such as arrests or litigation. Cops don't want to do the paperwork on a crime that most likely won't be solved. I know this as I used to be a Deputy...it's a pita....but I know it's also an obligation. See, having a report on file will help you in future cases. If this were to happen again to you, they can go back and pull the report from this and add it to the new report. From that they might be able to see a pattern....not just from yours but from other's reports as well and make some sort of connection to whom it might be and make an arrest. But without your report, the connection and arrest might not be made and/or charged with a crime that happened to you. If it does happen to you again, the first thing they are going to ask is did you file a report on the first incident and you're going to have to tell them no. No report....no crime....it won't be taken seriously.

All I'm saying don't let them tell you squat. Fill out the report, get it done, get it on file, and move on. It might serve to be useful in the future.

Interesting article I read today.... Not saying this is what happened but good to know what's going on out there.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4384211/?ir=Politics

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

And when we're indifferent about reporting a crime, no matter how minor we deserve the society we get.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update. I ended up ordering another note 3. Had to pay $9 more but oh well. Not going to argue for every last dime.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From where?

Comcast. When I called Verizon, they said that they could match the $200 price, but if I wanted the $200 visa prepaid card, that I would have to order through Comcast.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Comcast. When I called Verizon, they said that they could match the $200 price, but if I wanted the $200 visa prepaid card, that I would have to order through Comcast.
nice! what was the $9 all about?

Also, I have called the comcast/verizon promo before and no one can give me any info on when I will get my $200 VISA prepaid card or even tell me if it is in the system for me to receive one. If I don't get it by 1/14/14, the phone is going back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
nice! what was the $9 all about?

Also, I have called the comcast/verizon promo before and no one can give me any info on when I will get my $200 VISA prepaid card or even tell me if it is in the system for me to receive one. If I don't get it by 1/14/14, the phone is going back.

When I bought it, full retail was $600 originally. When I replaced the order, full retail was $700.I pay tax on full retail

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21