Changing Default Hangouts Contact Pictures
Esteemed community which always seem to have the answers,
I'm using the work-around to combine my Google Voice SMS's into Google Hangouts, now that they've added SMS capability.
Link above for that work-around if anyone's curious.
It's not great - but I like having to use only one application. Anyway, my question is, for contacts who do NOT have their own Google+ profiles, Hangouts uses whatever photo I have in my contact card. But, if a user does have a Google+ profile, it overrides to that picture. My issue is, a lot of folks have nonsensical pictures like their dog or something, rather than their face. On my few, I would like to have people's faces.
Is there any way to override that photo? I can't find any settings to that effect. Thanks in advance!
- 04-08-2014, 01:14 AM #2
- 04-21-2014, 04:09 PM #3
- 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM #4
- 05-18-2014, 10:53 AM #5
- 08-04-2014, 01:37 PM #7
Re: Changing Default Hangouts Contact Pictures
I'm looking for a solution to this, as well. I have my contacts set up exactly how I want them and it's maddening to have things changed without my permission. I've seen requests for a fix for this in several places. Why would google insist that we use the google+ contact photos???
- 09-18-2014, 08:46 PM #8
- By pseudoware in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 47Last Post: 01-04-2014, 10:56 PM
- By blackbird1234 in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2013, 05:11 AM
- By PizzaCaviar in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:55 PM
- By kingshere in forum HTC Desire SReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 02:42 PM
- By Bagman58 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 01:13 PM