Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dss2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now / Search won't speak on Bluetooth

I am using Google Search and when I click the search microphone I hear a ding and I can ask it something like what is the weather and it tells me the weather as well as brings up a weather card. However if I'm connected to a Bluetooth device I'll push the button, I don't hear the ding and and it won't give any voice response. The microphone icon will still turn blue and will turn into a speaker to signify it is talking but nothing is audible. It is like the voice output can't channel through the Bluetooth and it won't use the phones speaker either. In the Google Search settings I have Speech Output set to On, I've tried Bluetooth Headset both checked and unchecked and still nothing.

Default Re: Google Now / Search won't speak on Bluetooth

Me either. I think it's a limitation of Android because no Android phone I've owned has been able to use BT with Google now/Search.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Same here.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Me either. I think it's a limitation of Android because no Android phone I've owned has been able to use BT with Google now/Search.
    It kind of decreases it's usefulness in the car. It works on my old Verizon Galaxy Nexus. What phones have you used?

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    It kind of decreases it's usefulness in the car. It works on my old Verizon Galaxy Nexus. What phones have you used?
    See my signature on the bottom? Those and the Moto Photon, OG Evo, and the Evo 3D. None of those worked. The Photon worked till it got an update then it never worked again. I have sent a few emails to Google asking this question and I have yet to receive an answer. Maybe it's time I do it again?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    See my signature on the bottom? Those and the Moto Photon, OG Evo, and the Evo 3D. None of those worked. The Photon worked till it got an update then it never worked again. I have sent a few emails to Google asking this question and I have yet to receive an answer. Maybe it's time I do it again?
    I found the problem. Go to Settings / Sound / Volume / System and turn the volume up. At default it was turned all the way down. Boy that was annoying. Thanks

Addendum: My Galaxy Nexus doesn't even have a System Volume hence didn't have that problem.
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    I found the problem. Go to Settings / Sound / Volume / System and turn the volume up. At default it was turned all the way down. Boy that was annoying. Thanks

Addendum: My Galaxy Nexus doesn't even have a System Volume hence didn't have that problem.
    No kidding. But I hate system sounds especially on the Galaxy series. That annoying nature sounds when you use the dialer and other functions so I just turn them off. But thanks, I will try it out!