Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TXGTOU
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Mobile hot-spot hack verizon note 3

I unfortunately discovered after installing the most recent update that it disables the work around when using a 3rd party toggle to enable. Anyone think this can be updated to work again without having to root? (can't root bc of work email)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Mobile hot-spot hack verizon note 3

Lets hope so. Have you sent an email to the developers? I have the good fortune/misfortune of shelling out $15 a month for Verizon to let me use Wifi hotspot. Hence one of the reasons I average about 100 GB a month downloading. I figure if Verizon's going to stick it to me, I'm going to stick it to them.
    cehowardNote3 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

I went to sign up for mobile hot-spot and it wanted to charge me 30 per month. I'll email the developer thanks for the tip.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

That's why i haven't installed the update. The key was "updates improves hotspot" yeah sure it does lol

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

I found that foxfi (paid version) will enable the hot-spot on the note 3 with the most recent software update.

Quote Originally Posted by nismo591 View Post
    I found that foxfi (paid version) will enable the hot-spot on the note 3 with the most recent software update.

foxfi enables but sends no signal, the app thinks it's working but is not, I tried connecting my nexus 7 to the note 3 but it was nowhere to be found.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by turbonut20v View Post
    foxfi enables but sends no signal, the app thinks it's working but is not, I tried connecting my nexus 7 to the note 3 but it was nowhere to be found.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling foxfi, I can confirm it works for me as I am hot-spoting currently and my computer is able to get online

I need the mobile hotspot for work, so it seems I'm stuck with $30/mo.

For heavy data users, $30 for unlimited hotspot is a bargain compared to other carriers. I rarely use it except on vacation or something so I just pay for the days I use.

If you need it everyday, don't get the update or if you do then you will have to use foxfi or similar

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I've never used Foxfi, but somebody said that it wasn't working after the last OTA either. I might add that, in the last six months or so, the hotspot on my Rezound has been very finicky, requiring frequent turning it and the network connection, itself, on and off. Foxfi doesn't work with Rezound at all.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    I've never used Foxfi, but somebody said that it wasn't working after the last OTA either. I might add that, in the last six months or so, the hotspot on my Rezound has been very finicky, requiring frequent turning it and the network connection, itself, on and off. Foxfi doesn't work with Rezound at all.
    I can confirm that it does work after the most recent OTA. I downloaded it and paid for the key after the update and have used it several times since with no issues to date. It seemed finicky the first two times I used it but since then it's worked without any problems or disconnects.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

For those who are ROOTED, there's a hack you can use that's listed in . Make sure you are on PAGE 2 and scroll down to poster SURGE1223. If you replace the file in the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder with his hacked file, it turns on the hotspot without first checking for compliance!!!

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTION ... specifically copying the file to the SYSTEM folder first, then changing permissions, and finally dropping it into the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder; failure to comply will lead to a bootloop error!!!

THANKS SURGE1223. The patched file works flawlessly.

I just downloads the free foxfi version and its working just fine fkrnme after the update. My first time trying it out and its being picked up and worming on several devices right now.

Rockin my Note 3