Mobile hot-spot hack verizon note 3

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I unfortunately discovered after installing the most recent update that it disables the work around when using a 3rd party toggle to enable. Anyone think this can be updated to work again without having to root? (can't root bc of work email)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Lets hope so. Have you sent an email to the developers? I have the good fortune/misfortune of shelling out $15 a month for Verizon to let me use Wifi hotspot. Hence one of the reasons I average about 100 GB a month downloading. I figure if Verizon's going to stick it to me, I'm going to stick it to them.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to sign up for mobile hot-spot and it wanted to charge me 30 per month. I'll email the developer thanks for the tip.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I found that foxfi (paid version) will enable the hot-spot on the note 3 with the most recent software update.

turbonut20v

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I found that foxfi (paid version) will enable the hot-spot on the note 3 with the most recent software update.

foxfi enables but sends no signal, the app thinks it's working but is not, I tried connecting my nexus 7 to the note 3 but it was nowhere to be found.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
foxfi enables but sends no signal, the app thinks it's working but is not, I tried connecting my nexus 7 to the note 3 but it was nowhere to be found.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling foxfi, I can confirm it works for me as I am hot-spoting currently and my computer is able to get online

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For heavy data users, $30 for unlimited hotspot is a bargain compared to other carriers. I rarely use it except on vacation or something so I just pay for the days I use.

If you need it everyday, don't get the update or if you do then you will have to use foxfi or similar

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Foxfi, but somebody said that it wasn't working after the last OTA either. I might add that, in the last six months or so, the hotspot on my Rezound has been very finicky, requiring frequent turning it and the network connection, itself, on and off. Foxfi doesn't work with Rezound at all.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Foxfi, but somebody said that it wasn't working after the last OTA either. I might add that, in the last six months or so, the hotspot on my Rezound has been very finicky, requiring frequent turning it and the network connection, itself, on and off. Foxfi doesn't work with Rezound at all.

I can confirm that it does work after the most recent OTA. I downloaded it and paid for the key after the update and have used it several times since with no issues to date. It seemed finicky the first two times I used it but since then it's worked without any problems or disconnects.

drt777

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For those who are ROOTED, there's a hack you can use that's listed in XDA. Make sure you are on PAGE 2 and scroll down to poster SURGE1223. If you replace the file in the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder with his hacked file, it turns on the hotspot without first checking for compliance!!!

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTION ... specifically copying the file to the SYSTEM folder first, then changing permissions, and finally dropping it into the SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK folder; failure to comply will lead to a bootloop error!!!

THANKS SURGE1223. The patched file works flawlessly.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just downloads the free foxfi version and its working just fine fkrnme after the update. My first time trying it out and its being picked up and worming on several devices right now.

Rockin my Note 3

Megan Coleson1

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I unfortunately discovered after installing the most recent update that it disables the work around when using a 3rd party toggle to enable. Anyone think this can be updated to work again without having to root? (can't root bc of work email)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol