iCloud email

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have three email addresses and it seems like the default email app will let me send from only one .me account. I've tried adding another email and tells me "authentication failed." Is there another app I should use? I would like to send from all three email. Thanks!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try adding the accounts to GMail (you have to do this from a Browser, though). Set your GMail account to receive and send from a third-party account (you must have POP or IMAP access for this to work, though). That way you'll get your e-mails through GMail and when replying/composing it gives you the option of which account to send the message as.

That being said, I had no issues adding multiple accounts to my stock e-mail app. Sure, it's not iCloud ones, but I can still use two different Exchange accounts.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here - no issue with multiple Exchange and Gmail accounts. Maybe a limitation at Apple...having more than one Apple account per (non-Apple) device. That's typical Apple and wouldn't surprise me if that were indeed the case.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
That being said, I had no issues adding multiple accounts to my stock e-mail app. Sure, it's not iCloud ones, but I can still use two different Exchange accounts.

I can add other email addresses, it's icloud I'm having issues with. I came from the iPhone so it's hard to change email address after having it for so many years and very inconvenient.
I'll try the Gmail thing which I already knew about.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Same here - no issue with multiple Exchange and Gmail accounts. Maybe a limitation at Apple...having more than one Apple account per (non-Apple) device. That's typical Apple and wouldn't surprise me if that were indeed the case.

It's not an Apple "account," one you would log into your iTunes and app store with. It's an email address with 3 alias.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, it's 3 aliases but essentially the same account? Maybe that's why you can't add them as separate accounts in your phone... I'm not sure, again, I have an iCloud account but I've never used it since I only activated it for my iPod (and now Spotify has rendered that account useless hehe).

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So, it's 3 aliases but essentially the same account? Maybe that's why you can't add them as separate accounts in your phone... I'm not sure, again, I have an iCloud account but I've never used it since I only activated it for my iPod (and now Spotify has rendered that account useless hehe).

3 different email address.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but are they three different accounts? When you say alias, are they just 'phantom' accounts? What I mean is, if you have three different e-mail addresses that doesn't mean you have three different accounts. It's like special phone numbers; you can a single number and that connects to different ones depending where you are or viceversa, have different convenient numbers that are all linked to the same corporate line. If this is the case, I'd assume you can only log in with your main account and only receive all e-mail from the aliases in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781