Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FBA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default iCloud email

    I have three email addresses and it seems like the default email app will let me send from only one .me account. I've tried adding another email and tells me "authentication failed." Is there another app I should use? I would like to send from all three email. Thanks!

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    You could try adding the accounts to GMail (you have to do this from a Browser, though). Set your GMail account to receive and send from a third-party account (you must have POP or IMAP access for this to work, though). That way you'll get your e-mails through GMail and when replying/composing it gives you the option of which account to send the message as.

    That being said, I had no issues adding multiple accounts to my stock e-mail app. Sure, it's not iCloud ones, but I can still use two different Exchange accounts.
  3. #3  
    FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

    Default Re: iCloud email

    Same here - no issue with multiple Exchange and Gmail accounts. Maybe a limitation at Apple...having more than one Apple account per (non-Apple) device. That's typical Apple and wouldn't surprise me if that were indeed the case.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    SpookDroid likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post

    That being said, I had no issues adding multiple accounts to my stock e-mail app. Sure, it's not iCloud ones, but I can still use two different Exchange accounts.
    I can add other email addresses, it's icloud I'm having issues with. I came from the iPhone so it's hard to change email address after having it for so many years and very inconvenient.
    I'll try the Gmail thing which I already knew about.

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Same here - no issue with multiple Exchange and Gmail accounts. Maybe a limitation at Apple...having more than one Apple account per (non-Apple) device. That's typical Apple and wouldn't surprise me if that were indeed the case.
    It's not an Apple "account," one you would log into your iTunes and app store with. It's an email address with 3 alias.

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    So, it's 3 aliases but essentially the same account? Maybe that's why you can't add them as separate accounts in your phone... I'm not sure, again, I have an iCloud account but I've never used it since I only activated it for my iPod (and now Spotify has rendered that account useless hehe).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    So, it's 3 aliases but essentially the same account? Maybe that's why you can't add them as separate accounts in your phone... I'm not sure, again, I have an iCloud account but I've never used it since I only activated it for my iPod (and now Spotify has rendered that account useless hehe).
    3 different email address.

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: iCloud email

    Yeah, but are they three different accounts? When you say alias, are they just 'phantom' accounts? What I mean is, if you have three different e-mail addresses that doesn't mean you have three different accounts. It's like special phone numbers; you can a single number and that connects to different ones depending where you are or viceversa, have different convenient numbers that are all linked to the same corporate line. If this is the case, I'd assume you can only log in with your main account and only receive all e-mail from the aliases in there.

Similar Threads

  1. Email Image size HELP
    By JRod7722 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM
  2. Email setup for Outgoing emails
    By Mandla Fagudze in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 12:22 PM
  3. My texts messages show up in email
    By bwhick7492 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 08:31 PM
  4. Stock Email App
    By jacobt29 in forum AT&T LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 12:50 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 07:06 AM

Posting Permissions

B