Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know ?? (Locks creen issue)

Well what to say ? I have a love hate relationship with my the note 3. There are things it constantly surprises me with and things that I absolutely hate. One of which is the fact that I can no lock my phone (pattern or pin) and have access to apps on my lock screen or bleed effects.
    That said can does anyone know if samsung is ever going to patch this ? Oh I'm also new to the forum. Lol sorry Hello guys.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mobile Nations mobile app

Default Re: Anyone know ?? (Locks creen issue)

Quote Originally Posted by mu5icmonster View Post
    Well what to say ? I have a love hate relationship with my the note 3. There are things it constantly surprises me with and things that I absolutely hate. One of which is the fact that I can no lock my phone (pattern or pin) and have access to apps on my lock screen or bleed effects.
    That said can does anyone know if samsung is ever going to patch this ? Oh I'm also new to the forum. Lol sorry Hello guys.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I have to use a password because of work and found as a result I could not use the stock lock screen, widgets etc. I ended up setting up a custom lock screen with notifications and a lot of other functionality and it frankly ended up much nicer for me than stock anyway. If you want a usable lock screen and password security you might want to check out these:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker

A combination of those two and a little Tasker for some tweaking and I got what I wanted (and learned a lot along the way).

Not a patch, that's a security choice and I actually have to take sides with Samsung on this one. If you're setting up a password or secure lockscreen, then you shouldn't have access to ANYTHING on your phone without providing the right credentials. So yeah, they chose to put that security layer first and foremost; unless you unlock a secure lockscreen, that's a no-go with widgets and apps on a lockscreen. I still laugh at how people cried foul when these were introduced, saying that it was a huge security issue, but now that some variants choose to keep this layer secure, they now cry foul because they want the quick access... :P

What provider do you have? I ask this because I have Sprint and I know the American branded version does. You are saying that you are unable to choose a higher security and or apps on the lock screen? I'm not being a jerk, I just want to confirm. Because I can pick pattern, pin, password, etc. Have shortcuts and even a favorites page of apps. I can post screen shots if needed to show you how?

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Not a patch, that's a security choice and I actually have to take sides with Samsung on this one. If you're setting up a password or secure lockscreen, then you shouldn't have access to ANYTHING on your phone without providing the right credentials. So yeah, they chose to put that security layer first and foremost; unless you unlock a secure lockscreen, that's a no-go with widgets and apps on a lockscreen. I still laugh at how people cried foul when these were introduced, saying that it was a huge security issue, but now that some variants choose to keep this layer secure, they now cry foul because they want the quick access... :P
    has more to do with apple winning the swipe to unlock patent few months back. nothing to do with secure layers

Posted via Android Central App

Swipe to unlock S still available albeit in different form. Many other phones do allow you to use apps from the lockscreen even if a secure lock was selected; not Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I have to agree here! What's the point of having a lock screen if you can still access the phone/apps??? Is not the whole point of a lock screen to keep the phone... locked?
    SpookDroid likes this.