Blocking mode without the icon?

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Week three of Note 3 ownership and all going well.

One small niggle I have is that I want total silence (and darkness) from my N3 between the small hours of the night. Blocking mode is ok but I hate the constant icon in the corner. I have tried "Silent Time" but that still allows the charging LED which is annoying. I have also tried "I'm Sleeping" but that seems to only block sounds.

Anyone using something ***** proof? I just want my phone to be quiet and dark through the night!

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

One small niggle I have is that I want total silence (and darkness) from my N3 between the small hours of the night. Blocking mode is ok but I hate the constant icon in the corner. I have tried "Silent Time" but that still allows the charging LED which is annoying. I have also tried "I'm Sleeping" but that seems to only block sounds.

Anyone using something ***** proof? I just want my phone to be quiet and dark through the night!

Can't you just turn your phone to silent?
I'm not sure if a Galaxy S4 has a notification light, but if that is bothering you, it can be disabled via Settings > Display and untick 'Pulse notification light'.

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well in that case i think you should switch off your note !!

That is an option, but maybe I'm asking too much!

Can't you just turn your phone to silent?
I'm not sure if a Galaxy S4 has a notification light, but if that is bothering you, it can be disabled via Settings > Display and untick 'Pulse notification light'.

But I want it to work during the day! I think (but haven't tested) that even turning to silent won't stop the LED.

I would love it to work similar to the "Do Not Disturb" function on the iPhone but turn off the light as well. Am I asking too much?

PNUT MnM

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Are you referring to the red charging LED?

If so you can turn the red charging LED off.

Settings >> Display >> LED indicator >> Charging

~Sent from my GNote3

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for that. One thing I didn't know.

However I still would like the LED to be disabled during the night without physically turning it off every night. I was hoping an app would exist to prevent both sound and light.

Maybe I need to make it?

Sent from my SM-N9005

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used it, but I know there is plenty of talk about it, I'd say you could user Tasker to make those changes at a set time and and change them back in the morning...

Like I said, I haven't worked with it myself, but from the one message thread I saw on these forums, it seems like it could be used for this kind of thing.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The blocking mode icon seems so silly to complain about. It's a circle with a line through it displayed during time that you don't want to use your phone anyway,, for the most part.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The blocking mode icon seems so silly to complain about. It's a circle with a line through it displayed during time that you don't want to use your phone anyway,, for the most part.

That icon appears even when the mode is not active, that is a little annoying.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

This is true, once it is on, no matter the setting, the icon is still in the notification. I would prefer not take up that screen real estate myself. I ended up using the app Locale anyway to do what block does and then some and it doesn't sit in the notes area.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to see the red charging light why not just flip the phone over?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I got around it by using Tasker and Secure Settings. I set the time on Tasker for when to turn on Blocking Mode and when to turn it off.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

That's interesting because I keep blocking mode on all the time and the icon only is up there when it is active. It appears at 9pm every night and disappears every day at 4 am.

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
This is true, once it is on, no matter the setting, the icon is still in the notification. I would prefer not take up that screen real estate myself. I ended up using the app Locale anyway to do what block does and then some and it doesn't sit in the notes area.

Purchased this to give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis