1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S View cover alternatives

Part of me really likes the Samsung S View case. But when you turn the case over so, that you can type on the keyboard the plastic window always gets smudged. Since Verizon and others are charging $60 for the case, i am having second thoughts about whether its worth the price. Going on Ebay I see a lot of cases for $10-$20. Does any one know about the knock off cases in terms of quality and including the ICC chip?

Thanks

Default Re: S View cover alternatives

The actual copy knockoffs are horrible, in terms of the feel and quality of the material used - its not real leather and the difference is vast.

You can find deals - I bought my s view for $40 right here, on android central, with the black friday / cyber monday deal.

Btw, its not my daily driver - using it only for travel. Currently rocking a Cruzerlite case, waiting for a custom made leather pouch to arrive.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you. I guess you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

knock off don;t really work and you basicly get what you paid for . I bought a Samsung s-view case for 50 and I enjoy and think it's worth the money for the value
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought one as well from Verizon for $60. I go through cases often as I get bored with them so, I really do not want o spend a lot of money on the case. Plus, I bought the white case which gets dirty. I noticed that they make other cases too. Maybe I might get one that I can use for travel and another for everyday use.

I thought of getting one that holds credit cards too when I had my Iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by nettech207 View Post
    knock off don;t really work and you basicly get what you paid for . I bought a Samsung s-view case for 50 and I enjoy and think it's worth the money for the value

I have two cases. One is the s view. The other one is my Incipio, comes with a shell and outside cover wallet. You can put 3 credit cards on the cover. It's a bit bulky.

Buy one you can use everyday and the S view for an evening out or meetings... This is what I do. I love the S view. Really shows off the beauty of the phone. My everyday case is to protect. I hope that helps.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Just a heads up....a lot of those cheap knock off ones don't have the s view functionality

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

I read on amazon that some of the one similar to the s view will drain your battery.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I bought a cheap knock off to hold me over while the OEM was on back order. Complete waste of money. I got a full refund and threw it in the trash. I love my REAL S View case.

I just ordered one yesterday and should be here by Friday,, the real one that is. Ordered with my 50 percent off coupon.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I just ordered one yesterday and should be here by Friday,, the real one that is. Ordered with my 50 percent off coupon.

You used the 50% off coupon on an S view case?

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. It won't apply my coupon code. I thought the retail price had to be below $50. It's listed for $59.99 on Samsung's website.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    Yes,,, when I was on the phone with them they first told me I could not use coupon on something over 40 dollars,, 5 mins later he came back on and not only gave it to me for 50 percent off, but also put in the computer that when they get more battery kits in they will give me that for 50 percent off. Just for the trouble of having to wait so long for these products. I was pleasantly surprised. I have no idea why they did this for me but was not going to argue it. I must add that when he first told me I could not use coupon for s veiw I protested,, I was put on hold for 5 mins and he came back and changed his tune. He obviously went to talk to a supervisor.

love my evo.