Non-charging cradle

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago I picked up a cheap desktop dock to use while charging: Data Sync Dual Charger Dock Station for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 N9005 | eBay

It works well for the overnight charging but I found that during the day I didn't like popping the GN3 in and out of it so much and frankly, given the battery life I'm getting I never really need to top off the battery during the day often anyway. I was looking for a simple non-powered cradle that was the right size, sturdy, and would work in both portrait and especially in landscape mode which I want for my lockscreen. After checking out a few I came across this and absolutely love it: Amazon.com : Solid Aluminum Ultra-thin and lightweight Multiple Angles Available Folding Stand, Mount, Holder for Tablets : Computers & Accessories

Well made, rock solid, and even looks pretty good. It's really designed for a tablet but it works perfect with my GN3 and gets triple duty between it, my iPad, and my Kobo Glo e-reader. You can find them on ebay too but the prices are all about the same and Amazon had it to me in two days via Prime.

S1190003.jpg
S1190004.jpg
S1190005.jpg

I have a OTG cable on the way so given the design it should work well in landscape and even in portrait mode given the cutout.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A few weeks ago I picked up a cheap desktop dock to use while charging: Data Sync Dual Charger Dock Station for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 N9005 | eBay

It works well for the overnight charging but I found that during the day I didn't like popping the GN3 in and out of it so much and frankly, given the battery life I'm getting I never really need to top off the battery during the day often anyway. I was looking for a simple non-powered cradle that was the right size, sturdy, and would work in both portrait and especially in landscape mode which I want for my lockscreen mode. After checking out a few I came across this and absolutely love it: Amazon.com : Solid Aluminum Ultra-thin and lightweight Multiple Angles Available Folding Stand, Mount, Holder for Tablets : Computers & Accessories

Well made, rock solid, and even looks pretty good. It's really designed for a tablet but it works perfect with my GN3 and gets triple duty between it, my iPad, and my Kobo Glo e-reader. You can find them on ebay too but the prices are all about the same and Amazon had it to me in two days via Prime.

View attachment 96501
View attachment 96502
View attachment 96503

I have a OTG cable on the way so given the design it should work well in landscape and even in portrait mode given the cutout.

Very nice. The Note 3 might as well be a small tablet, looks like a perfect fit :)

Posted via Android Central App