ARE YOU KIDDING ME...? iMessage

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
There have been many crappy issues with Android phones, yet none of them was sensationalized the way Antenna Gate was for the iPhone 4 - for example.

Maybe not ONE incident, but there's this pervasive FUD about Android being a security issue. Any time some researcher comes up with some round about exploit that has almost no chance of happening during normal use by the average user, the blogs light up with headlines and arguments about how bad Android is.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe not ONE incident, but there's this pervasive FUD about Android being a security issue. Any time some researcher comes up with some round about exploit that has almost no chance of happening during normal use by the average user, the blogs light up with headlines and arguments about how bad Android is.

It's quite silly if you ask me. Why don't they just let Google know so they can fix it? There's no need for a whole media blowout about the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's not entirely true. On ios you can roll back versions if you have a backup of your shsh blobs. I've done it numerous times when I've jailbroken

Yes I know this but if you don't have the shsh blob... You can't roll back. Period. That is way different than Android.. I can simply download any version or ROM and go.. Only has to work for my device... Apple does the shsh blobs to prevent you from going back unless you're someone who backed them up.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No it wouldn't. Look at the Apple forced download of the iOS 7.0 upgrade. Apple gets sued over this. Google forces downloads of the KitKat update to Nexus devices and I have not heard a word about this anywhere on any news outlet.

Yes. I hate apple (not their products though) and It's known around these parts.

Yes, google forces the download. But YOU don't have to install it. It merely states that its downloaded and ready to be installed. Just back out of it. Sure it's going to nag you here and there about installing it. But my whole comment was a metaphor...not really to be taken serious...as that when Apple screws up, you're told your holding it the wrong way but when Google does it, it's Evil Google doing evil things.

Bluehair62

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell if you're hating on Android for this.
Sorry.... I have ZERO issues with Android. I've been wanting to switch for awhile. It's been more of a business issue that's kept me from moving sooner. We are now using an app called Good For Enterprise and it's been updated to have the same capabilities as the iOS operating systems so it was time for me to make my move. Now, I am thrilled and then I get this issue which is making things difficult.

I really do appreciate all the words of wisdom from everyone...!!

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry for hijacking the OP with my own question but I just read all three pages and I want to know if I understand this correctly. I will be transferring two iphone numbers (parents) on my account to Androids in a matter of days. Before I deactivate the iphones I should "TURN OFF" imessage? Is that it? Should I do anything with their itunes accounts......? Thanks.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry for hijacking the OP with my own question but I just read all three pages and I want to know if I understand this correctly. I will be transferring two iphone numbers (parents) on my account to Androids in a matter of days. Before I deactivate the iphones I should "TURN OFF" imessage? Is that it? Should I do anything with their itunes accounts......? Thanks.

You can transfer the iTunes songs using Google music manager or easy phone tunes.

Posted via Android Central App

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You can transfer the iTunes songs using Google music manager or easy phone tunes.

Posted via Android Central App

Haha. I hijacked but I'm not trying to change the topic! I'm familiar with both platforms as far as all the basics are concerned......my question is in regards to avoiding this imessage issue when I transfer the phones. So thank you but my question stills remains.....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Haha. I hijacked but I'm not trying to change the topic! I'm familiar with both platforms as far as all the basics are concerned......my question is in regards to avoiding this imessage issue when I transfer the phones. So thank you but my question stills remains.....

Basically disable iMessage on all idevices those numbers are associated with, then call Apple and have them remove those numbers from the iMessage account.

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Basically disable iMessage on all idevices those numbers are associated with, then call Apple and have them remove those numbers from the iMessage account.

This 1000 times. Takes 5 minutes, 1 or 2 if the Apple guy (or girl) knows how to do right. Curious if OP ever got that resolved by calling Apple.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and and on-topic.

If you don't care for a post or the thread, then just move on. Complaining about another member in the thread is not an appropriate response. If you believe a post violates the forum rules, you can report the post to the moderator team.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Dakotabaker98

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue! call apple customer service and they will remove it from there system. even if u delete it from your account it doesnt take it out of there system unless you call and explain your situation. After you call the changes will take affect with in 24 hours. mine took affect in about 6 hours! Hope this helps!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's quite silly if you ask me. Why don't they just let Google know so they can fix it? There's no need for a whole media blowout about the issue

The person you were replying to was making the point there was no issue in the first place.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2