Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ARE YOU KIDDING ME...? iMessage

Dear AC Friends,

I am beyond frustrated. I'm a small business owner that communicates often with clients via sms. I have some NHL players that are clients and sometimes we will go a month or two without talking. This whole iMessage issue is making it hard for me to fully embrace and enjoy the android experience. I've already returned 1 note3 within my 14 day window. I refuse to go back this time. Can you please provide me with some piece of mind? At the moment I am not receiving any text messages from many friends and clients. SO FRUSTRATED!!! I've done most of the steps... iMessage turned off on all devices. I've changed my Apple ID Password... I've removed my phone number from my Apple account.

What else to I need to do? Do I really need to give it the 30 days for iMessage to go inactive.

How is this a reasonable way of doing busnes?. Why do "THEY" need to make our lifes difficult.

Default Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME...? iMessage

Am I missing something? What exactly are you asking about? Does this have something to do with not being able to receive text messages from iPhones like other threads have mentioned?
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

EXACTLY!!
    Thanked by:

Only other thing I can suggest is to have tour friends enable sms on their phone. Ios7 turns it off by default. Have them go to settings>messages>then turn on sms. That worked for me on everyone I wasn't getting texts from.

Rockin my Note 3

If you came from an iPhone be advised that if you didn't deactivate imessage before you moved from iPhone it could take up to 40 days to clear you off of their imessage server

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Pretty big topic in the apple forum also

Quote Originally Posted by blanier98 View Post
    If you came from an iPhone be advised that if you didn't deactivate imessage before you moved from iPhone it could take up to 40 days to clear you off of their imessage server

This. You have to clear your number off your old Apple account.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    This. You have to clear your number off your old Apple account.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I did that and it still didn't worked so I called apple. That's when the tech told me it could take up to 40 days to clear

ROM
    Stock Rooted GB 2.3.6

Unfortunately, this is an Apple problem. You can't blame Android/Google/Samsung/whoever else for it.

I had the exact same problem when I made the switch about a month ago. Nothing worked. I resorted to just changing my phone number. It cleared everything up instantly since my new number was not connected to the apple id. I know your pain...I was there. If you can't change your number, waiting the 40 days might work But then again...it might not.

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks everyone for the info... This just makes me even more excited to be away from my iPhone. I appreciate the advise...!
    Gator352 and DayThyme like this.

Give Apple a call. My friend had to call Apple and tell them to remove his number from iMessaging because he no longer had an iDevice. His problem got resolved the next day.
    Thanked by:
    SpookDroid likes this.

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Yes, just call apple. They can wipe your number from the server. This is an Apple thing to make it "easier" if you switch around phones. It's stupid but at least it's fixable.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Thanked by:

When my friend switched to the Note 3 he had this issue. He had his friends with iphones delete their old sms threads and the issue fixed itself.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

WOW!
    I never heard of this problem....then again I got off that ibandwagon a littel over a year ago.

Good to see people not afraid of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehair62 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info... This just makes me even more excited to be away from my iPhone. I appreciate the advise...!
    Same here....I will never go back to Crapple or Crapintosh
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Thanks again all you great people... I really appreciate the comments. Again, my biggest problem is all the people I've sent messages to over months and months that have iPhones. It would be impossible for me to contact each one. I'm going to contact Apple tomorrow and see about unregistering my phone number. Not that it matters, but I would sure like to see someone at Apple that cares about how this affects my business and the enormous amount of people in the same position.

Just so you know I've tried everything that was suggested here and the only one that worked for me was contacting individuals to change their settings within their iPhone. It was such a pain in the rear. Calling up people and saying, "Hey do me a favor and go change your settings." Ugh.
    If you have too many people to contact, I would just change the number.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

I'm not if I'm over reacting here. But holy cow! This problem is HUGE and shouldn exist in the first place. It's apple who needs to solve this and quick. I'm sure way too many people are suffering from this same problem and it must be such a pain to do all this effort to solve such a simple thing like messaging, and that when you own a 700$ phone.
    I'd be mad as hell had this happened to me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Bluehair62 and Gator352 like this.

So glad I never jumped on the crApple elitist bandwagon.

Just think, if Google (Android) had done this...it would be all over the 6 o'clock news, newspapers, magazines, and blogs touting how "evil" Google is.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

Just think, if Google (Android) had done this...it would be all over the 6 o'clock news, newspapers, magazines, and blogs touting how "evil" Google is.
    No it wouldn't. Look at the Apple forced download of the iOS 7.0 upgrade. Apple gets sued over this. Google forces downloads of the KitKat update to Nexus devices and I have not heard a word about this anywhere on any news outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehair62 View Post
    Dear AC Friends,

I am beyond frustrated. I'm a small business owner that communicates often with clients via sms. I have some NHL players that are clients and sometimes we will go a month or two without talking. This whole iMessage issue is making it hard for me to fully embrace and enjoy the android experience. I've already returned 1 note3 within my 14 day window. I refuse to go back this time. Can you please provide me with some piece of mind? At the moment I am not receiving any text messages from many friends and clients. SO FRUSTRATED!!! I've done most of the steps... iMessage turned off on all devices. I've changed my Apple ID Password... I've removed my phone number from my Apple account.

What else to I need to do? Do I really need to give it the 30 days for iMessage to go inactive.

How is this a reasonable way of doing busnes?. Why do "THEY" need to make our lifes difficult.
    In all fairness (and yes, I know that has already been mentioned here), your frustration should lie with Apple here.

Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Only other thing I can suggest is to have tour friends enable sms on their phone. Ios7 turns it off by default. Have them go to settings>messages>then turn on sms. That worked for me on everyone I wasn't getting texts from.

Rockin my Note 3
    That works great for close friends and family, but with the OPs situation, where you're talking business and/or less frequently messaged contacts, that's really not a viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

Let's be fair here...obviously the vast majority of the folks here (including myself) prefer the Android platform, but the iPhone is a still a decent product...and even if you disagree with that, it's hugely popular none the less. Not everyone that owns one is jumping on an "elitist bandwagon" either...some just don't know any better

Also, it probably wouldn't be all over the 6 o'clock news if the roles were reversed here...but yeah, it would be all over forums just like this. The fact is the general population, even those using iPhone and the iMessage service, don't fully understand what iMessage is. In a way, that's exactly what Apple wanted with the service -- a completely seamless integration with the SMS system -- but I agree completely that there has to be a better way to switch platforms and remove one's self from the iMessage system. In fact, it should be something that the carriers are able to facilitate for you when you get a new (non-Apple) phone.
    Thanked by:

PITA for switchers but sheer genius for Apple. They made iMessage so sticky as an app that you have to call all your friends and beg them to let you go the way of the green bubble. And if they've eliminated unlimited messages, they now have to question whether enabling SMS for you is worth the cost.

I wish I'd been smart and popular enough to come up with such a solution.
    Thanked by:
    yfan 
    Bluehair62 likes this.

I am about to activate an iPhone to test out on my line. I don't want my phone number in the iMessage system as I am not going to keep the phone on the line for long. If I don't put an Apple ID in when I set up the phone, will that keep my phone number out of the iMessage system?

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    I am about to activate an iPhone to test out on my line. I don't want my phone number in the iMessage system as I am not going to keep the phone on the line for long. If I don't put an Apple ID in when I set up the phone, will that keep my phone number out of the iMessage system?
    Yes, it won't associate it with your account

Sent from my iPhone using
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast