Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Push Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

When I had the IPhone, I had apps like kik, facebook, twitter, & ect send me push notifications straight to my phone when I had a message. When you got it, it had the option to view and reply too it, or close the notifications whether my phone was on or locked. Some people find that annoying, but I don't. I'm not sure if the samsung galaxy note 3 can even do something similar to that, but if it does could someone tell me how? Please? The little notification bar at the top isn't as noticeable as push notifications are. Thanks!

Default Re: Push Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Popup Notifier Free
    Silver Finger Software - November 20, 2013
    Personalization

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ificationslite

Just to be clear, Push Notifications are NOT what you think they are. PopUp notifications are what you're thinking of, and yes, most of us Android "oldies" tend to hate them hehe. Push notifications you ARE getting, since you are seeing them in the notification bar.

But there are quite a few apps that will show you these notifications in a PopUp form like the apps suggested in the post above. Also, some apps (like Whatsapp and FriendCaster) will give you the option to have their own notifications displayed in an iOS-like pop-up.

Anyone know how to deactivate these? I dont want my messages showing there when I get a KiK or a twitter DM. Thanks :-)

Go to your settings/general/applications manager and you can check and uncheck notifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If I read your question right then that should help. If not please elaborate a little more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

regarding samsung note 3. cannot get rid of annoying 'ding-dong' notification. cant find out where its coming from. can anyone help? thanks, peter