Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By snc0921
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best docking solution for home?

I'm looking for a desktop dock to set bedside. When I had my Note 2 I had used the Smart dock BY Samsung. I know this works with the Note 3 and a case but is it the best solution? I would search for this but I'm on Tapatalk and it's not serving me well right now in that regard.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Best docking solution for home?

I just use a business card holder. Works wonders. Sure, the phone won't go into 'dock mode', but at least that's not important for me. Just a waste of AMOLED useful life IMHO.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I just use a business card holder. Works wonders. Sure, the phone won't go into 'dock mode', but at least that's not important for me. Just a waste of AMOLED useful life IMHO.
    I want the dock mainly for charging purposes and nothing else. Business card holder? I'm assuming you plug your phone in manually each night then use the holder as a stand? Not a bad option.

Yup, that's exactly what I do. I had gone all geekyDIY once and actually carved a nice hole for the microUSB plug to fit but then realized that having done that I was restricted to a single orientation. Now I just place it whichever way fits best and can even enjoy some music or a movie on my night table on a very low budget hehe

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I've got the Smart Dock with my Note 3 it doesn't charge properly. I haven't investigated properly but after all night in the dock it is not fully charged even though it recognises the dock and the lighting flash on the battery indicator is showing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I love this, you could get it for about 40 bucks when it's on sale.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mei View Post
    I love this, you could get it for about 40 bucks when it's on sale.

I had that but sold it because it doesn't work without a separate back cover which makes most cases unusable. I had it with my Maxx and loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I had that but sold it because it doesn't work without a separate back cover which makes most cases unusable. I had it with my Maxx and loved it
    Actually it is a Qi Charger. That can be solved with a Qi Reciever that fits under the standard back cover. That can be had for around 10 bucks.

It isn't the fastest charging but sufficient for overnight
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

I posted a few days ago about both the charging dock and non-charging cradle I'm using: Non-charging cradle
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Chappell#CB View Post
    1am, huh? Ugh, fun times indeed! Glad you got them though!

Your G-1 first look video today was great! I love that you can add Folders to the Home screen and put stuff in it like your games. Sweet!
    Ordered the non charging stand. Thanks.

Yup, seems about the very same thing my business card holder does... It just didn't cost 15 bucks (But granted, the multi-angle thingy does seem enticing)

If you were to go with the business card holder (accents the cinder block and board TV stand) you could still go for the Amazon.com: RND charge and dock mode Micro USB cable (6FT) for Samsung Galaxy (S2 S3 S4 Note Note 2 and Note 3): Cell Phones & Accessories cable to turn on dock mode.

Add a black light and a luminescent "dogs playing poker" wall hanging and you've just completed your bachelor pad. ;-)
    SpookDroid likes this.