Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrSavant
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi - from hero to zero

I have my G note 3 (N9005) for about 5 days and for three days my home wifi worked perfectly. For two days now I'm having troubles with connecting while my PCs and laptops are working top of the top. When I try connecting it says that the connection is slow but my computer states that it is going at full speed and the connecting just goes on and on from there and never connects. I'm really lost here and in need of help.

Default Re: Wifi - from hero to zero

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide and see if any of the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Just go to WiFi->Settings->Advanced on your Note 3, and disable Auto Network Switch - solves this problem like a boss.

Posted via Android Central App
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSavant View Post
    Just go to WiFi->Settings->Advanced on your Note 3, and disable Auto Network Switch - solves this problem like a boss.

If that doesn't work, reset your router.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried both things and it still doesn't work. Now I'm reviewing the first link, and then I'll see if anything helps. Thank you
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Aljaz Benko View Post
    I tried both things and it still doesn't work. Now I'm reviewing the first link, and then I'll see if anything helps. Thank you
    Nope, still nothing.

What happens if you take everything else off of your wife and try it? Your other devices maybe using all of your bandwidth and not leaving any for your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Welcome to Note 3 the WiFi on this thing bites. Learn to live with it for now. Someone commented that this connection stability message is an "advanced feature" , meaning your N3 is so advanced it knows your WiFi and or Internet connection is not up to par so it refuses to use it however everything else works fine. Read through and do all the disabling and resetting recommendations and you can get the message to go away but the WiFi performance will still bite.

Check the speed of your wifi..If it's to low nothing will work ....I have a speed of 25mbps and before latest update I could only get about 17 mbps now I get full 25 I'm paying for. Occasionally mine would drop to below 7 then I pulled plug on wifi and plugged in back in..my speed went back to 25mbps. ..make sure your wifi is locked and you don't have a ton on devices on it...like I said before you need a strong signal...Also try switching bands...could make a difference
    Good Lock

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I have noticed my phone takes a huge hit on wifi when bluetooth is turned on and connecting to a 2.4ghz wifi network.

Try turning off bluetooth or connecting to a 5ghz wifi network. This is the only reason I am using my 5ghz band on my router myself.

I found some references online about how allot of devices have issues with 2.4ghz wifi and bluetooth together. Only real good solution I see is to switch to 5ghz band whenever you can.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Last edited by mavrrick; 12-17-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

5GHZ is always going to be a much faster connection.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

After the last Verizon update my WIFI started getting flaky. After resetting my home modem and router it is working like a champ again.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    5GHZ is always going to be a much faster connection.
    Simply not true. Radio frequency has nothing to do with speed of connection. At least with my router the 2.4ghz is just as fast as the 5ghz when I have Bluetooth turned off. The problem is congestion. To often 2.4ghz can get interference.

The reason 2.4ghz is used so much is because it penetrates buildings allot better then 5ghz does. You get about 2/3 the range with 5ghz radio band as you do with 2.4ghz.
    Craig
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

I have several WAP-based, long range WLAN's running a true 450 Mbps, both here and at my offices, so my experiences dictate otherwise, but if that makes you more comfortable, enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    I have several WAP-based, long range WLAN's running a true 450 Mbps, both here and at my offices, so my experiences dictate otherwise, but if that makes you more comfortable, enjoy it.
    Your personal experience aside. N300,n450,n600 are the same communication standard weather they are on 2.4ghz radio or 5ghz radio. Each have the Pro's and Con's. The advantage some may have is if they have 802.11AC which runs on 5ghz and has beamforming. The Beamforming is suppose to improve range a bit. and AC has a much higher MBPS beacause of the spatial streams it supports. Still on 802.11AC the NOTE3 is limited to 433mbps compared to 150 on N

Don't get me wrong. I think the switch to 5ghz when possible is becoming more and more important. Especially with how many 2.4ghz networks are out there and other devices to create interfernce. I just don't buy it that 2.4ghz can't be as fast as 5ghz. Especially when so many devices can't use the full speed of the Wireless N networks out there now.
    Last edited by mavrrick; 12-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Craig
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

You may not buy that and that's your prerogative of course, but in practical applications, that's what it is always been for me - and I have probably built and set up hundreds of wireless network installations over the past few years alone...

I have not yet seen a 2.4 GHZ installation that runs as fast as a 5 on Wireless N.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

The problem was with the slow connection. Otherwise I don't think the wifi is bad, it is even better than my mom's laptop. Thanks for all the help

Every review and use case I have experienced they are pretty much identical when configured to avoid interference on the 2.4ghz band.

Honestly though I never think of putting fast and wifi together. Every time I have tested either the performances is erratic and never lived up to the hype. I ran cat 5 to my HTPC because of it. Maybe my experience is dated though. There is no doubt 5ghz is were everything is going. 802.11ac is only supported on 5ghz. The problem is to much stuff doesn't support it.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Craig

Go to the dialler
    Type *#0011#

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

A menu will open