1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry My notifications sound randomly mutes

This is my third Note 3 device.
    all of them had the same problem (among others)
    my notifications sound suddenly mutes, and suddenly gets back on.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO.
    searching for this online drove me crazy because a "notifications sound" can result in a gazillion topic about that. none of which I found was my problem.

I don't know what to do.

I have done resets, I have deleted apps, reinstalled others. Changed devices. this is now clearly a software issue and it might be related to whatever data I have... some app am using or some info I have making this problem. And I didn't restore my phone except through gmail and samsung accounts online so not much actually was restored.

PLEASE HELP.

Default Re: My notifications sound randomly mutes

What do you mean by "mutes"? You get a text or a voicemail, it gives you an audible notification and then you get a 2nd or 3rd text/voicemail and it doesn't give you an audible notification? Mine gives me one audible notification once the message or notification comes in, but that's it. I would be irritated if it constantly gave me a notification after the initial notification.

I do get a 2nd or 3rd audio notification if a 2nd or 3rd text/voicemail or other notification comes through, but I don't get a continuous audio notification for just 1 event, thankfully.

Do you have a personal notification sound, or a built in one? I ask this because if it's one you downloaded or you made it, it might be too long or corrupted? Just brainstorming.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies.
    What I mean is that randomly I stop hearing notifications all together from all apps and when I try to check the volume sliders the notifications one happens to be muted and cannot be unmuted and doesn't respond to touch.

It comes back again on its own randomly or when I restart the phone.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And to answer I don't have any personal sounds only system or app sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Sanazolo View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    What I mean is that randomly I stop hearing notifications all together from all apps and when I try to check the volume sliders the notifications one happens to be muted and cannot be unmuted and doesn't respond to touch.

It comes back again on its own randomly or when I restart the phone.

Sounds like a power saving feature maybe. Kind of weird that it doesn't let you change it either. Do you have any 3rd party power saving apps installed?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry but I would have to call user error. If you have had the same "muting" problem on 3 Note 3 devices, I would say you HAVE TO BE doing something.

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

I have a similar issue with mine. Everytime mine disconnects from the blue tooth in the truck it mutes everything. Only way I can restore notifications is to restart the phone. As strange as this sounds mine seems to be tied into the software in my truck as it was fine until the last flash on my stereo in the truck...it's weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
    I have a similar issue with mine. Everytime mine disconnects from the blue tooth in the truck it mutes everything. Only way I can restore notifications is to restart the phone. As strange as this sounds mine seems to be tied into the software in my truck as it was fine until the last flash on my stereo in the truck...it's weird!
    What happens when you toggle bluetooth off on then back off?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well. I tried to unintelligible many apps. The latest was one which plays a sound 5 times a day as a reminder for prayers .... so far I still didn't get the problem again. So it might've been that. Will update.

And yes when it happens I can only restart or wait for it to work again on its own!!

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yep. That fixed the issue. Figured out the faulty app. Un installed it and voila.