Anyone switching back to iPhone?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

If the iPhone 6 has a 5'' screen or bigger then I'm Back. I love the build quality on the Apple iPhones. Its a very sexy phone! Also they maintain their value. The iPhone 5 is still getting 400-500 bucks used where as I can't get 300 bucks for my note 2. Also, the iPhone gets updates way longer and faster. Unlike my note 2.... I'm still waiting for the 4.3 update :'(
All that being said, the note 3 is a excellent phone!

+1

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Why are the updates so rare with android? I don't get that.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean? Since iOS 6, I believe we have gotten ICS, Jelly Bean and Kit Kat. Apple has only gotten iOS7

Posted via Android Central App

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Someone mentioned that the updates are rare. So that's why I'm asking. I'm new to this, is it wrong to ask such question?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Someone mentioned that the updates are rare. So that's why I'm asking. I'm new to this, is it wrong to ask such question?

Well they're released to the Nexus line first. And then it takes a while to reach the other phones but I wouldn't say they're rare

Posted via Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Not at this point. If Apple came out with a super sweet phone maybe as I try to get and try all the top end phones. But judging by the past several iterations that will never happen. At this point I plan to stay with the note 3. I have never been this happy with a phone ever. I will upgrade to the note 4 when that releases though 😎

Rockin my Note 3

oncesir

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Ive got a GN2 and recently purchased a broken i4s from a friend to fix and sell. After the repairs I played with it extensively and found many "features" infuriating. The keyboard is absolute junk compared to Swiftkeys on my note2. The screen, which looks really nice, is tiny. I'm a gadget tinkerer and after about 2 days of getting to know the iphone I got bored. Yes its easy to use, but if you enjoy making your phone anything other than just a phone it'll bore you quick. I have alot of iphone using friends and most are not tech savvy at all. Different strokes.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

After Google releases a new platform, each manufacturer has to make it work with their respective skin. Touch-whiz needs to be built around it, as does HTC's sense, etc. One of the reasons the Nexus devices are so popular is they don't require any other tweaks. It's also the reason that Apple is so stable in its vanilla boring way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Ive got a GN2 and recently purchased a broken i4s from a friend to fix and sell. After the repairs I played with it extensively and found many "features" infuriating. The keyboard is absolute junk compared to Swiftkeys on my note2. The screen, which looks really nice, is tiny. I'm a gadget tinkerer and after about 2 days of getting to know the iphone I got bored. Yes its easy to use, but if you enjoy making your phone anything other than just a phone it'll bore you quick. I have alot of iphone using friends and most are not tech savvy at all. Different strokes.

I liken it to using technology on training wheels....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes, they make the app available and free for that day only. On rare occasions, they make it available for free again. I've seen some of the Office products available for free after I got it via the app of the day.

When you get a FREE app of the day on Amazon Appstore, you own it the same as if you purchased it from the playstore. You can re - install it at anytime on any device. I'm not sure about updates or newer versions though.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

No. I now dread using my work iPhone because of how small the screen size is. Sometimes it's painful to type on.

I never thought I would say this but I had no issues with the iPhone prior to buying the note and now I feel like the screen is way way way to small.

Sent from my gameboy color

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm actually one of the people on this forum that have an iPhone 5S. I made the decision that I'm done being in the Apple Environment. Sure, it's super smoothy buttery goodness in terms of performance... But what's all the performance if I can't use it the way I want to?

It's unfortunate because the phone cost me a lot of money. I will soon find a buyer and immediately get the Note 3 next :)

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually one of the people on this forum that have an iPhone 5S. I made the decision that I'm done being in the Apple Environment. Sure, it's super smoothy buttery goodness in terms of performance... But what's all the performance if I can't use it the way I want to?

It's unfortunate because the phone cost me a lot of money. I will soon find a buyer and immediately get the Note 3 next :)

They just released the untethered jailbreak for all the latest Apple devices running iOS7.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

They just released the untethered jailbreak for all the latest Apple devices running iOS7.
yeah, and it has Taig on it, a chinese cracked app store and other questionable software. I will stick with rooting an android over jail breaking an iPhone with that.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Only way I'd get an I phone is if they jail broke it in such a way that made it bigger and let it run android :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech