Anyone switching back to iPhone?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

Only way I'd get an I phone is if they jail broke it in such a way that made it bigger and let it run android :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I think the 3GS had a jailbreak that allowed you to run Gingerbread :p

Posted via Android Central App

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

After Google releases a new platform, each manufacturer has to make it work with their respective skin. Touch-whiz needs to be built around it, as does HTC's sense, etc. One of the reasons the Nexus devices are so popular is they don't require any other tweaks. It's also the reason that Apple is so stable in its vanilla boring way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Got it. As for Samsung phones, how often are the updates? Once or twice a year?
I'm still waiting on Kit Kat. Not sure when that will be out, but am interested to see how it'll look and everything. 😄

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting on Kit Kat. Not sure when that will be out, but am interested to see how it'll look and everything. 😄

Depends. The T-Mobile S4 only got one update all year, the Verizon and AT&T versions had a few . Most were patches to fix root exploits

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting on Kit Kat. Not sure when that will be out, but am interested to see how it'll look and everything. ��

Depends. The T-Mobile S4 only got one update all year, the Verizon and AT&T versions had a few . Most were patches to fix root exploits

That's the other thing, the carriers, on top of the different manufacturers, have their fingers in the updates as well. I've learned not to hold my breath as far as updates are concerned, when it's released then it's just a nice surprise. As a matter of fact, some updates tend to break more than they fix so I'm perfectly fine with 4.3 for now.

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

They just released the untethered jailbreak for all the latest Apple devices running iOS7.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They sure did, I installed it... and guess what? NONE of the tweaks work on iPhone 5S currently because of the MobileSubstrate version. Guess I get to wait even more :-(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They sure did, I installed it... and guess what? NONE of the tweaks work on iPhone 5S currently because of the MobileSubstrate version. Guess I get to wait even more :-(

And that's why I also got tired of iPhone... Jailbreaking takes to long to update since Apple makes it harder and harder.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'll be switching back to my iPhone 5s. I'm not a fan touch wiz, and iOS apps have a little more polish to them than android apps.

I've tried almost every android phone out there, and I always find myself coming back to an iPhone. I'll probably try a Nexus 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I've owned iphone 3gs, 4, 4s and 5. iOS 7 was a major fail in my opinion and I'm a jailbreaker. I wanted a bigger screen. I just purchased the Samsung galaxy s4 Google play edition. I'm hooked. There's absolutely no way in hell that I'd go back to an iphone; not even if they release a similar form factor....it's too late for me....they missed the boat andI'm an android guy now.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I'll be switching back to my iPhone 5s. I'm not a fan touch wiz, and iOS apps have a little more polish to them than android apps.

I've tried almost every android phone out there, and I always find myself coming back to an iPhone. I'll probably try a Nexus 5.

Have you tried Nova Prime or any of the 100 other launchers out there to replace touch wiz?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried Nova Prime or any of the 100 other launchers out there to replace touch wiz?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, I tried them all. Unfortunately, they don't replace all of Touchwiz. I don't dislike Android, but I prefer to use iOS on my everyday device.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an Android device that can pull me away from iOS.

tjrump

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

When Apple makes an update they can push it directly out to the phone.

If google does an update to Android, the manufacturers have to do their thing to it (i.e. Samsung). Then carriers also customize things so the take a 3rd pass at the update before it can go out.

Apple forbids the carriers from making any changes to iOS.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

If google does an update to Android, the manufacturers have to do their thing to it (i.e. Samsung). Then carriers also customize things so the take a 3rd pass at the update before it can go out.

Technically iOS updates have to go through the manufacturer and the carrier as well. But, since Apple is also the manufacturer that step is automatic. Apple gives the updates to the carriers for approval, with a strict timeline of when to have it approved. I wish Google could enforce something like this, as well as forbidding carriers to install bloatware. But we're talking 2 different worlds here. Apple's updates go to only a few devices, where Android is on hundreds, if not thousands, of different devices.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

That's the sole reason you will never see me with an iPhone. Apple "forbids" anybody, including the owner, from making any changes they see fit. I understand the controlling of bloatware and carrier branding but come on....it's so ridiculous...heck, they even went as far as to tell you how to hold your freakin' phone! This reason alone, I will before I die, **** inside an apple store.

Also the NSA thing. Do you actually believe Tim Cook that said they had no knowledge of this backdoor on every iPhone? Bull squeeze. They knew. They all knew.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Holy crap. I hold my HTC titan 4.7", that I have handed down to my young daughters to play games on, and I am amazed at how small it looks. If I had to switch back to an iphone, I would need reading glasses, or a 4g enabled ipad mini with headset and a new google voice account. The iphone is way too damn small at this point. I feel I need to pull out my spen when someone hands me their iphone to look at anything I need to interact with.

I just don't agree with this at all. The iPhone 4 and 4s, sure. Those are small. But the iPhone 5 and 5s are a nice size. Granted, I just switched to the Moto X and it has a bigger screen. Only .7 inches more and I'm enjoying it. I couldn't see myself owning a phone that had a screen bigger than 5. And 5 inches is pushing it for me.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

4.7-5.2 would be my sweet area

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

RusticKey

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Eh, I am never, EVER, going back to a smaller screen.
Had an iPhone 4S once, immediately returned it and switched for a GNex since the screen was so puny.
Now I'm on the Note 3. Yeah, not going back.