Page 1 of 21 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 513
Like Tree172Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone switching back to iPhone?

    I have the Note 3 and beside the subpar speakers, it is a great phone! However all the neat features of it such as the S-pen (air command), sketchbooks and a few others I rarely use. I have also tried a variety of launchers but I always end up going back to Touchwiz. I don't plan on rooting my phones because I'm OK with my carrier.

    However Google play will never be as good as itune apps. Reason being is Google does not support indies developers and despite tools that would make it easy for games to be supported on all android devices such as Corona and Unito (spell wrong), Google doesn't seem to care about the indies developer themselves. I have always assumed that Itune game apps will always be bigger than android because it started out earlier but every new game apps will come out the same time for both platform but I was wrong. Itune already have lot of exclusives that will never come to android or will come out at a much later time. When comparing the library of probably the most well known game apps company "Gameloft", there is 128 games for itune vs 47 for android, and that just one company.

    Of course as of right now i have no interest in Iphone however if the Iphone 6 come out at a whopping 6 inches and has 128 gb of on board memory (taking out the need for storage space) and long lasting battery, I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 4 or stick with Android in general.

    Beside the S-Pen what does Android have that Iphone don't? I think I can deal with the crappy IOS interface if it mean I can have access to all the latest and greatest games. Entertainment on the go is extremely important for me and Netflix don't cut it.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-30-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Rajesh Ratnam likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Different strokes for different folks. The Note and Android in general is not for everyone. Most like the idea of being able to customize their phones to suit their personal tastes using launchers and various other addons. IOS doesn't easily allow this. To some others the number size of the app catalog is important. But one thing I've learned in my 36 years of life is that quantity is not always the best, but rather the quality of the apps. But again, quality is in the eye of the beholder.

    Get what makes you happy, each OS has its ups and downs.

    Good luck



    Sent From "The Beast"
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    I haven't thought about it. If the iPhone 6 exceeds my expectations, sure, I'll go back. If not, I'll grab the Note 4. Like you, I really miss the Apple app store too.
    You're not the only one.

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    No chance of me moving back without the iPhone 6 having a "WOW" factor. I've defended the iPhone so much in the past but it's starting to feel a little stale, the 5S "upgrade" being a prime example. I don't even miss the app store, I cannot think of one app that I use that isn't on the play store. Even some of my save games from iPhone were revived on my Note 3. The only thing I miss is the iCloud, especially for my media, but then, I now have ~100Gb capacity on my phone and 64Gb on my iPad, plus a wireless flash drive so I can workaround it.
    ladyc0524 and rob damiani like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    I use both and live life happiest


    Sent from my iPhone using
    Thanked by 4:
    spencerdl and CompMan2012 like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by took2089 View Post
    I use both and live life happiest


    Sent from my iPhone using
    Greedy!
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    I've had every single iPhone up to the 5S. Last month, I bought Google Glass and it didn't play too well with iOS. So, I ditched the 5S and went with a Note 3. Couldn't be happier with the Glass experience. Also, there's so much more I can do with Android and the bigger screen definitely helps. Granted an iOS version 1 of MyGlass is coming out this week (it was pulled two days ago), I will still not go back to iPhone unless the iPhone 6 later next year is compelling enough.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Have you downloaded the Amazon app store? I have literally a 100+ times more Google apps than I have iTunes Apps and I've probably spent about the same amount of money on apps for both platforms. What irritates me about Apple operating systems is how sterilized an environment it is. There's not much room for tweaking, and it's either Apple's way or the highway. If you look at Apple's commercial from 1984 (posted below for your consumption), it's hard to believe that the woman in the Hooters outfit is supposed to represent Apple.... Those people sitting in front of the display, I think those are the same people I see standing in line in front of the Apple store btw.


    Although, I do wish I had a buttload of Apple stock back when this commercial first hit the airwaves......

    johnmltb33 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Miss the apple store, but no interest in going back and paying for lack of innovation.
    jakedsnake likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Nope. Staying with the Note 3. If you would have asked me a year ago, when I owned the S3, I would have said yes. But this Note 3 rocks. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Out of curiosity, what apps are you guys missing???
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Holy crap. I hold my HTC titan 4.7", that I have handed down to my young daughters to play games on, and I am amazed at how small it looks. If I had to switch back to an iphone, I would need reading glasses, or a 4g enabled ipad mini with headset and a new google voice account. The iphone is way too damn small at this point. I feel I need to pull out my spen when someone hands me their iphone to look at anything I need to interact with.
    Thanked by:
    Rubus Roo likes this.
  13. #13  
    TheMacs's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Cloud storage should be a non-issue as well. There are way too many options available.

    Curious as well about what might be in the App Store that is not in the Play Store.

    Split screen is pretty nice on the Note, use that more than I thought I would.

    I too wish Sammy would have put a better (or 2nd) speaker in.

    Good luck whichever way you go.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    I switched back to the iPhone because I wanted to go back to using the iPhone/iPad combination again. Having an all in one device is a sexy concept to me. But it doesn't work we'll in many of the situations I find myself in. I would rather have a smaller device for on the go that is easier to handle and pocket and have a multimedia monster at home. That seems to be the best set up for me.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    The app store had I believe more then a 3 year head start and already had the itunes businesses model to work from. The play store is still in it's early stages and has grown leaps in bounds in the last year alone.If you didn't buy the note 3 for the s-pen features then should have went for the other large screen phones being offered. Yes the App store and apps are allot more polished but again had more time to build a app listing
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    Have you downloaded the Amazon app store? I have literally a 100+ times more Google apps than I have iTunes Apps and I've probably spent about the same amount of money on apps for both platforms. What irritates me about Apple operating systems is how sterilized an environment it is. There's not much room for tweaking, and it's either Apple's way or the highway. If you look at Apple's commercial from 1984 (posted below for your consumption), it's hard to believe that the woman in the Hooters outfit is supposed to represent Apple.... Those people sitting in front of the display, I think those are the same people I see standing in line in front of the Apple store btw.


    Although, I do wish I had a buttload of Apple stock back when this commercial first hit the airwaves......

    Tried looking for the amazon app store...can't find it in Google play... any ideas?

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    johnmltb33 likes this.
  17. #17  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispykreme View Post
    I have the Note 3 and beside the subpar speakers, it is a great phone! However all the neat features of it such as the S-pen (air command), sketchbooks and a few others I rarely use. I have also tried a variety of launchers but I always end up going back to Touchwiz. I don't plan on rooting my phones because I'm OK with my carrier.

    However Google play will never be as good as itune apps. Reason being is Google does not support indies developers and despite tools that would make it easy for games to be supported on all android devices such as Corona and Unito (spell wrong), Google doesn't seem to care about the indies developer themselves. I have always assumed that Itune game apps will always be bigger than android because it started out earlier but every new game apps will come out the same time for both platform but I was wrong. Itune already have lot of exclusives that will never come to android or will come out at a much later time. When comparing the library of probably the most well known game apps company "Gameloft", there is 128 games for itune vs 47 for android, and that just one company.

    Of course as of right now i have no interest in Iphone however if the Iphone 6 come out at a whopping 6 inches and has 128 gb of on board memory (taking out the need for storage space) and long lasting battery, I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 4 or stick with Android in general.

    Beside the S-Pen what does Android have that Iphone don't? I think I can deal with the crappy IOS interface if it mean I can have access to all the latest and greatest games. Entertainment on the go is extremely important for me and Netflix don't cut it.
    iPhone 6? At 6 inches? I doubt it'll be any different, and if it is bigger than their current 4, it'll be closer to 4.5

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  18. #18  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    519 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    Tried looking for the amazon app store...can't find it in Google play... any ideas?

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    You can get it right from Amazon.com

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    You can get it right from Amazon.com

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Just downloaded it.

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    kj11 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Go to iPhone? Nope. Not for me .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    So a Samsung (iphone) vs Samsung original Samsung manufactures the ape iphones. Plus apple's business model sucks. When a developer puts builds an iPhone app apple pays the developer 15% where as Google pays the developer 85%. I never understood some developers logic oh I will sell more on Apple and develop for them, but the developer has to sell 5 in the Apple store for everyone he sells on Android!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    nettech207 and johnmltb33 like this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    iOS just isn't my cup of tea. I'll stay with the Note series barring any major misstep on Samsung's part.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I switched back to the iPhone because I wanted to go back to using the iPhone/iPad combination again.
    What does the iPhone/iPad combination give you that is so desirable? I have the iPhone 5, an iPad and my Galaxy Nexus. I don't find that my iPhone and iPad play any better together than with my Galaxy Nexus. Of course I choose to center my online presence around Google services so Gmail, Google Drive and Google Music are installed on all three. I only installed iTunes on my computer for the initial setup with my work Lotus Notes mail and calendar.

    I will be upgrading my Galaxy Nexus to the Note 3 in a little over a week and have no desire to own an iPhone as my personal device. As a matter of fact if my work didn't provide me with the iPhone I wouldn't have one at all.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    If iPhone 6 has bigger than 5 inches display and has micro SD, yes.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by junprostar View Post
    If iPhone 6 has bigger than 5 inches display and has micro SD, yes.
    Is that another way of saying "When pigs fly"?


    Sent from my iPad using

    Current Phones:
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, HTC Resound, iPhone 5

    Previous Phones:
    Droid X, HTC Incredible, Blackberry 9700, Blackberry 8830
Page 1 of 21 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is there any way to center the lock screen clock?
    By jmz768 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 04:22 PM
  2. Possible Solution to WiFi Connectivity Problems...
    By JohnNadeau in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Navigation icons have "swapped positions" after upgrade to Android 4.4.2
    By Ksjudson in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 02:55 PM
  4. Anyone use Chomp SMS?
    By mdeva in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 09:58 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

B