Smart Watches - What's the Verdict?

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to watches but also a gadget lover so combining the two seems like a good idea to me. Anyone using one as an everyday watch? I really like the Martian but don't want to waste money if it's not usable in the real world.

2013 Smartwatch Comparison Guide

This review is pretty good, but would rather have a real person give me some of their experiences before I take the plunge, so has anyone had one or use one?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Samsung smart watch and its superb !!!!! :D If you are a technology geek then trying it is not a bad idea. But what i am actually waiting for is google glasses........ i wish it will arrive soon...

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You buy the Galaxy Gear and Pebble not for telling time or the fashion. You use it as an extension of your phone. The notifications are great. When I get a notification, I can see it on my wrist without having to take the phone out. I can also call people from my wrist. This is great in the car when I have a call. I can see who is calling to determine whether I am going to answer it and I have the choice to answer it on my wrist or on my BT device.

I was originally on the fence about the device but now that I am using it more and more I plan on keeping it. I just cannot decide between the beige and grey version.

Also, the apps on Galaxy Gear are limited. The device has only been out about 3 months. I was originally thinking what can I see on a screen so small but I was amazed what they can do with the real estate on the phone.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just received my Pebble this week and so far I am really loving it. Works really well with my note 3

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't have the Gear, but in returning two prior Notes, I got to play with the demos a lot.

I am a bit of a WatchGeek too. Only my opinion, but the watch is not quite there yet. Very cool, and super promising future, but beyond what I would spend on that at this point. Maybe v2 or v3.

Again, only my opinion, but it doesn't do enough for me to justify the cost.

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the trade off between cost and function only seems to sway in the Pebble's favour. But that Martian is gorgeous and can just be a normal watch.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and love it!

with the new update it has been made worth it..without the update i would be dissapointed but the update is great.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't have the Gear, but in returning two prior Notes, I got to play with the demos a lot.

I am a bit of a WatchGeek too. Only my opinion, but the watch is not quite there yet. Very cool, and super promising future, but beyond what I would spend on that at this point. Maybe v2 or v3.

Again, only my opinion, but it doesn't do enough for me to justify the cost.

Just Watch, V2 will be half as thick and sport a quad core proc, 4GB ram with 16GB storage, 1080p 3" inch screen (bendable), 16MP cam, 2MP front facing cam, and have all the motion sensors the galaxy series has. All for the low..LOW..price of $599 on 2 yr. contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781