GMail App Question

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Gmail app and the regular mail app on my homescreen. I use the regular mail app for my yahoo account, but since I have the gmail app on my homescreen, all of my emails go to my Gmail app even the emails that are sent to my yahoo email address. Is this normal? Will I continue to get yahoo emails on my GMail app if I remove the app from my homescreen? Thanks for the help!

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused here??? Unless you forwarded your yahoo address to Gmail, only emails from your Gmail should be going to your Gmail. Or do you mean you have your Gmail account and Yahoo account signed in under the "Email" app??

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused here??? Unless you forwarded your yahoo address to Gmail, only emails from your Gmail should be going to your Gmail. Or do you mean you have your Gmail account and Yahoo account signed in under the "Email" app??

I have both the native email app (synch with Yahoo) and the gmail account...I don't receive any emails from the native email app only gmail. When I retrieve emails from my gmail, some of them are sent to my yahoo account. I just got the N3 about 3 weeks ago and haven't done anything with either account that would merge the emails to gmail.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Gmail app and the regular mail app on my homescreen. I use the regular mail app for my yahoo account, but since I have the gmail app on my homescreen, all of my emails go to my Gmail app even the emails that are sent to my yahoo email address. Is this normal? Will I continue to get yahoo emails on my GMail app if I remove the app from my homescreen? Thanks for the help!

gmailpic.jpg

It may look like that to you, but more likely it has a different inbox for each email account, the app is grouping them together. I like this too :cool:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup... did you post this somewhere else? I recall answering this haha Anyway, yeah, you're probably NOT using the GMail app, but the stock E-Mail app, which groups your accounts into a single view, but your e-mails remain separate. You can double check this by going to your GMail account on a web browser and you' ll see your Yahoo! e-mails are not there.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have both the native email app (synch with Yahoo) and the gmail account...I don't receive any emails from the native email app only gmail. When I retrieve emails from my gmail, some of them are sent to my yahoo account. I just got the N3 about 3 weeks ago and haven't done anything with either account that would merge the emails to gmail.

Yahoo also has its own native mail app in the Play Store, if that floats your boat! Now with themes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app