1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen stays on/off during the call even though phone is next to ears

Hi there guys, not sure if you are seeing this issue or not, but lately my phone's screen stays off during the call even when i move it away from my ears and if it is on, it does not turn off when i move the phone close to my ears. I checked the proximity sensor and it seems to be working fine. I also reset the phone but the issue is still there. has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Default Re: screen stays on/off during the call even though phone is next to ears

Welcome to Android Central! There have been numerous posts about this, so there might be some hardware issues with some of the Notes. The first thing to do is remove any screen protector or case (if present) and see if the problem persists.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: screen stays on/off during the call even though phone is next to ears

thanks for the quick response B. Diddy.. so i just quickly tried after removing the screen protector and same thing. the issue still persists. So that means the hw is faulty? is there any option besides getting a replacement? I'm already out of 30 days window and i bought it from AT&T.
    Thanks,

I assume you're updated to the most currented OS version, correct? Do you have any other apps that might have control over the screen (like screen dimmers), or an app like Tasker?

Do you have insurance for the phone? If so, you could always make a claim and ask for a replacement, although you'd have to pay the deductible, and might end up with a refurbished device. If you've had the phone for less than a year, it should still be under warranty, so your ultimate path might be to contact Samsung for warranty repair.

Do a search for this post and you will find lots of possible solutions........but not an specific one besides being a hardware issue.
    Note3 proximity sensor issue during calls