Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By roguetrader
  • 2 Post By tech_fan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm a newb - coming from all apple

Yesterday, I decided I was bored. I have been an iOS user since its inception. I decided I wanted to switch things up while Apple was on an S release and try out something different.

So I snagged a Note 3. So far so good... but.... I am clueless

I need a couple good games to occupy my time.

What's the best way manage my music library? (A lot was purchased from apple, does that make a difference?

What are some other helpful tips? What can my new phone do, that my iPhone5 could?

Any an all tips would be welcome, even if the do not pertain to the above questions.

Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: I'm a newb - coming from all apple

Welcome to the Dark Side.

If you use iTunes I'd suggest using iSyncr to sync to your Note 3.

Games? Lots. Try Shadow Gun.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

There's so much your Note can do that the iPhone can't! Might I suggest you head over to You Tube & search for Note 3 Tips & tricks - many users and reviewers will show you all you need to know, and more! Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Welcome to the forums.
    I think even downloading Google Play will help with the music transition from iTunes. Otherwise, Kies supposedly helps with that transition. You can get that at Samsung's website.

From a Sprint Moto X

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If u are into mmo games pocketgalaxy is a fun game with awesome graphics to show off the note 3 screen.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

I too am a convert from the Apple ecosystem.

The first thing would be to integrate your contacts and calendar. If you have a Mac, you will need to export the calendar and then import it into Google. If you do not have a Mac, then you might want to save yourself the hassle and do it manually. Apple makes it very hard when you change to a different system.

To port all your music over to the new phone, you will need to download Google Play Music Manager onto your Mac or PC. It will scout for your iTunes music files and then port them over to Google Music automatically for you. The downside to this, is that it will stream your music unless you paid for iTunes Match. If you paid for iTunes Match in iTunes, then the music is stored in the Cloud. You can then download them to your PC and then use the Samsung Kies product (can be found on the Samsung website) and that will transfer your iTunes stored music to your phone so that you do not have to stream the music. The nice thing about the iTunes Match is when it downloads the music to your PC it supposedly strips the DRM. Another way Apple makes converting to Android difficult.

You can also use Kies to manage your contacts, calendar, photos and videos that are on your PC.

Just be prepared that Apple makes leaving their ecosystem difficult but once you do all of this, it will be over and things will be much easier.

If you ever have questions on doing stuff from Apple to Android, I always typed the inquiry into Google to see how to do it. Google has tried to make things as easy as possible.
    ffejjj and Golfdriver97 like this.

YouTube videos will become your best friend!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    There's so much your Note can do that the iPhone can't! Might I suggest you head over to You Tube & search for Note 3 Tips & tricks - many users and reviewers will show you all you need to know, and more! Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    That was a great tip that I never thought of. I normally go to You Tube for everything and wanted to know how to use my device. I did a simple search on Note 3 Tips and Tricks and noticed a great video that tells me about USB features, using the S-Pen and such. I only wish that I would have found this earlier because I was showing one of my co-workers the device and she asked about character recognition. i told her I knew it was somewhere but could not find it For those that would like the link, here is the link,