Galaxy Note 3 wifi issue

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I bought my gn3 3 months ago and since then l have had issues with the wifi. It's not a very big deal and it's viable but enoying. Sometimes randomly when i am connected to my wifi it disconnect and my phone ask me to sign in. All i have to do to solve it is to click on sign in in the notification bar then click on my wifi network then click on sign in and it reconnect. The problem is that when I download things at night, and I sleep it disconnect and my download stops. Can anyone help me solving this issue? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have your own wifi network with your own router, or are you in a condo or apartment complex that shares one central wifi network? If you have your own wifi network, it seems odd that you would get the sign-in notification--I usually see this if I'm connecting to a public network that has a login page or a page where you have to accept terms and conditions first before connecting.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It's my own router no one uses it except me. And it doesn't ask me for conditions. It's my personal wifi router but i live in a country where connection is not really fast nor stable(lebanon) i get 2mb/s of download speed. I dont know if my problem come from my connection but every other device except my note 3 doesn't have this problem including my nexus 10. I don't know what is causing it.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I have rebooted my router multiple times and i have uncheck a note 3 feature that makes the device switch from weak wifi connection to 3g (i had solve with this an other connection problem) but i don't know what makes this sign out. It's random and completely unpredictable so i don't know how to solve it. The result is i cant download at night (when the connection is free) and it upset me a lot. thanks to your help..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say that nighttime is when the connection is free? Do you mean that your home wifi service is metered during the day, but free of charge at night?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A few more thoughts:

1. Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see if there is an option for "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep." If you have that option, make sure it's set to Always.

2. Do you know if your router is set up with a static IP address, or with a dynamic one (i.e., DHCP)? If you can find out, then also go to Settings>Wi-Fi, long-press your home wi-fi network, tap Modify Network, then tap the checkbox for Advanced Settings. Make sure the IP Settings matches whether you're using Static or DHCP (DHCP is most commonly used).

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
In lebanon we have plans of data (i get 25gb/month) and we can use it during the day. At night(from 11pm to 6am) its free so we download as much as we can at these hours. I use dhcp and it matches and the wifi on during sleep is set as always.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea if the disconnection is occurring at the transition time between free and metered wifi?

Doreenw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues with my wifi not auto connecting, which could be your problem. A review I read had me change a setting and I have had no problems since.

Settings
Wifi
menu key
advanced
place a check mark next to auto network switch. (turn this on)

Hope that helps.