Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Viggo Liljefors
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Hey, so I accidently dropped my Note 3 on the ground. It hit the side of the phone, and at first there were no visible damage. After a few hours I started to notice a spot on the side of the display which in a couple of days have grown significantly in size (see attached picture). Does anyone know what's wrong, and what I should do (order new display, see if I can get money through home insurance etc.)?
    Appreciate your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)-picture-1.jpg  
    Erick Newman likes this.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Bummer it happened. Personally, I would use your insurance. Fixing displays can be tricky as more often than not, other components are damaged in the process. That and you are paying for insurance for instances like this.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Do most homeowner insurance policies cover this type of stuff? Wouldn't the typical deductible be more than the price of a new or reconditioned Note 3?
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post
    Do most homeowner insurance policies cover this type of stuff? Wouldn't the typical deductible be more than the price of a new or reconditioned Note 3?
    Depends on how they are insured. I think my deductible is $200. Far cry from a new phone.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Quote Originally Posted by Viggo Liljefors View Post
    Hey, so I accidently dropped my Note 3 on the ground. It hit the side of the phone, and at first there were no visible damage. After a few hours I started to notice a spot on the side of the display which in a couple of days have grown significantly in size (see attached picture). Does anyone know what's wrong, and what I should do (order new display, see if I can get money through home insurance etc.)?
    Appreciate your help!
    When a phone is dropped, even if you can't see any exterior damage, there's a good chance of internal damage. Your best bet at this point is to see if you can get it replaced via insurance as someone else mentioned. Replacing the internal screen yourself, while it may fix the issue, if there is leakage to other components, there's a good chance that those components were exposed to the solvent and will prematurely wear. If you get it swapped out, at least you won't have to worry about other internal parts failing on you at a later time.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    I am doubtful you can claim this on your home owners insurance. Its not meant to be used for your mistakes. I hope you bought insurance for just your phone through a provider that specializes in electronics. Had things been stolen from your house, then maybe. But, not for things like this. Unless you are paying for different options that would specifically cover your devices, and damage from use.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    My post about insurance was under the assumption that he had insurance from the cell phone carrier, although I think some credit card companies have some insurance that covers damage if purchased on their card. Although, those credit card companies probably cancelled their insurance as more and more people started filing claims.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    My post about insurance was under the assumption that he had insurance from the cell phone carrier, although I think some credit card companies have some insurance that covers damage if purchased on their card. Although, those credit card companies probably cancelled their insurance as more and more people started filing claims.
    I know what you were talking about. And credit cards won't allow claims on cell phones anymore. I think American Express is one of the better protection options, and they won't do it. Too much loss to not charge.

    But the OP said home insurance. Which is where I got that from.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: "Leakage" on display after dropping my Note 3 (have picture)

    The only thing the op can do is send it in to be repaired. It's going to cost some but at least it will be repaired.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Direct Connect now available for Note 3 / S4
    By k425 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 12:31 PM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM
  3. Sending pictures and videos on the note 3
    By SGEN3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 03:39 PM
  4. WiFi Tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data
    By DayThyme in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

B