Ethernet Connection for Note 3

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to connect a std Ethernet connection to their Note 3. Are hardware connection converters from std Ethernet male (looks like a telephone connector on steroids) connector to a mini USB connector on the Note 3? Is there an app or other to make this connection work via software to allow the Browsers to function? There are locations in the world with no WiFi and no 3g or 4g cell towers but Ethernet is avail.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't be done today as the kernel likely has no support built in for that, but if you travel, you'd just need to buy a small WiFi router, or even easier, a WAP. Plug it into the existing ethernet cable and you're pretty much good to go right out of the box. Some units may need some configuration - as you're not going to use the router portion, but if you need WiFi connectivity with an Ethernet connection - it's a very simple and cheap solution!

This device is cheap and easy to configure...and there are tons like this out there you can choose from. Since you're not tethered to a wired connection on your Note 3, I'd say this is a far better solution for you than what you were looking for.

D-Link DIR-505 - Wireless router - 802.11b/g/n : Gaming | Dell Canada

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My answer would still be the same though - and at 50 bucks for a router that actually does the job better...seems like a no-brainer to me.