Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Hello, my wife and I liked the find my friends app so we can track each other. But then I went and got the note 3. I searched for a similar app that would work for both of us (she still has the iphone). Life 360 just doesn't work well. It does not seem to update quick enough so it leaves her having no idea where I am. Is there another app that works better then life 360 and as good as find my friends?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Idk of an app that let's another user find where you are at but you can use hangouts to send location information. If that's up your alley.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Life 360 has immediate location of whoever you are linked with. It is better than anything I have seen for pinpoint location and up to the second reporting if you want it to. Easy on the battery as well

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exdrinker View Post
    Life 360 has immediate location of whoever you are linked with. It is better than anything I have seen for pinpoint location and up to the second reporting if you want it to. Easy on the battery as well

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sadly, that hasn't been our experience. We find that it quite often gets hung up and won't give an updated location. When I press update, it again gets hung up and just shows the "processing" wheel. It's actually been anything but immediate. This is the one thing I miss about my old iPhone...The find my friends app actually worked.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Wow. It had worked perfectly for us on Galaxy S3s and notes

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Google plus work well. All you got to do is download Google plus and Google search on the iphone and enable the location share option. That's how my wife and I do it. I can see where she is and she can see where I am.

    Rockin my Note 3
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Google plus work well. All you got to do is download Google plus and Google search on the iphone and enable the location share option. That's how my wife and I do it. I can see where she is and she can see where I am.

    Rockin my Note 3
    Ok - confused... been married for 20+ years but.... we need to know where each other is all the time because?
  8. #8  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetdude View Post
    Ok - confused... been married for 20+ years but.... we need to know where each other is all the time because?
    I was thinking the same thing... Although 7 years for me, not 20+

    Does a simple text not suffice?

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing... Although 7 years for me, not 20+

    Does a simple text not suffice?

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Not all the time. I do police and fire. I'll give the example of last week where I was such at a 4 alarm fire for 3 hours past my shift. When I can't call to let my wife know I'm late she gets worried given the job I have. Not everything is about being a stalker.

    Rockin my Note 3
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Not all the time. I do police and fire. I'll give the example of last week where I was such at a 4 alarm fire for 3 hours past my shift. When I can't call to let my wife know I'm late she gets worried given the job I have. Not everything is about being a stalker.

    Rockin my Note 3
    ok - that makes sense. I can see if you have an environment where one or both of you frequently are at locations unknown and not able to reach out or respond it would be helpful. I was thinking more of why the need for an electronic tether.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetdude View Post
    ok - that makes sense. I can see if you have an environment where one or both of you frequently are at locations unknown and not able to reach out or respond it would be helpful. I was thinking more of why the need for an electronic tether.
    Ah. Yeah we don't use it often.

    Rockin my Note 3
  12. #12  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Need a "find my friends" type app. life 360 sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Not all the time. I do police and fire. I'll give the example of last week where I was such at a 4 alarm fire for 3 hours past my shift. When I can't call to let my wife know I'm late she gets worried given the job I have. Not everything is about being a stalker.

    Rockin my Note 3
    That makes sense....and is a very commendable line of work.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Copying note field in a contact entry
    By totaled in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 10:31 AM
  2. Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Good keyboard?
    By ansa82 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM
  3. Is there an app I can see on a Nexus 7 with a phone or computer?
    By chippy60 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 09:35 AM
  4. Something went wrong with rooting and help needed.
    By R1k1 in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 03:20 AM
  5. More than one account on Gmail app ?
    By brynj in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 12:58 AM

Posting Permissions

B