Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By roguetrader
  • 1 Post By Dog5000
  • 1 Post By Sean Armstrong
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2 Phones, 2 Problems

Getting really fed up now,
    I had a Galaxy Note 3 for around a month and the charging port stopped working, so i sent it off, the phone was in repairs for 2 week. When i went to pick up my phone they replaced it with a new one which i thought was great, but now i have another problem my data/calls/anything won't work, the SIM card works fine in any other phone. I've tried 4 other SIM cards in my Note III and none of them work. What should i do because i'm really fed up of the phone now i paid 700 for it and to have 2 different ones breaking twice is practically a joke.

Sorry if i come across as rude, i'm just really annoyed :P

Default Re: 2 Phones, 2 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Armstrong View Post
    I had a Galaxy Note 3 for around a month and the charging port stopped working, so i sent it off, the phone was in repairs for 2 week. When i went to pick up my phone they replaced it with a new one which i thought was great, but now i have another problem my data/calls/anything won't work, the SIM card works fine in any other phone. I've tried 4 other SIM cards in my Note III and none of them work. What should i do because i'm really fed up of the phone now i paid 700 for it and to have 2 different ones breaking twice is practically a joke.

I would go to see the dealer you bought it from or call Samsung or exchange for a 3 one. Mine works fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do you think there's anyway of getting a refund even though it's over a month old i've just lost all interest in it due t the breakings. and especially when it cost so much

This sounds very much like you have been given a phone not compatible with where you live. The Note 3 is region locked remember, and will only operate with SIM cards for the area the phone is locked to. You mention pounds in your post so I assume you're in the UK (as am I). The box should have a sticker on it clearly staying that 'This phone can only be operated in the EU' If it doesn't have this it could be from Australia or US, this can happen.
    If you are in the UK, the Sale of Goods Act protects you - 'the item must be fit for the purpose intended', which clearly it isn't, insist the supplier change it or refund you.
    If you paid for any part of the phone with a credit card, then section 75 cca applies, meaning the credit card company is also liable for the function & quality of your phone - they must also replace it, or refund you the full cost of the device, even if you only paid for part of it on the card.
    Hope something is useful here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Sean Armstrong likes this.

Do you think there's anyway of getting a refund even though it's over a month old i've just lost all interest in it due t the breakings. and especially when it cost so much
    over a month....I don't think so for refund but I would fight for a replacement
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    This sounds very much like you have been given a phone not compatible with where you live. The Note 3 is region locked remember, and will only operate with SIM cards for the area the phone is locked to. You mention pounds in your post so I assume you're in the UK (as am I). The box should have a sticker on it clearly staying that 'This phone can only be operated in the EU' If it doesn't have this it could be from Australia or US, this can happen.
    If you are in the UK, the Sale of Goods Act protects you - 'the item must be fit for the purpose intended', which clearly it isn't, insist the supplier change it or refund you.
    If you paid for any part of the phone with a credit card, then section 75 cca applies, meaning the credit card company is also liable for the function & quality of your phone - they must also replace it, or refund you the full cost of the device, even if you only paid for part of it on the card.
    Hope something is useful here.

Thank you Very much! i'm going to the store tomorrow i love the phone don't get me wrong but I don't want it if it's going to constantly keep breaking. You've been a great help!

You got every right to be annoyed. I paid $700+ for my Note 3, and it has been working like a charm.. Even today, after having my Note 3 for 2 months, I still had to go to the Samsung booth at Bestbuy to get some help. In other words, the phone has so many moves, that one almost has to be an expert to run everything correctly. In addition, I have found out that the majority of the errors or faults with the Note 3 have been USER ERRORS..

Hope yours turn out for the best.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So i took my phone back today and the shop refused to do anything except repair it, or offer me a downgrade mobile phone without any money back which is disgraceful.
    So i'm now without a phone for another 2 weeks, the shop has refused to do anything except repair it and they said even if it breaks 20 times that's all they can do.

Thanks for your help guys

So i took my phone back today and the shop refused to do anything except repair it, or offer me a downgrade mobile phone without any money back which is disgraceful.
    So i'm now without a phone for another 2 weeks, the shop has refused to do anything except repair it and they said even if it breaks 20 times that's all they can do.

Thanks for your help guys
    Which shop is this? Be interesting to know.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    Which shop is this? Be interesting to know.

The shop is Carphone Warehouse

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

The shop is Carphone Warehouse
    Perhaps finding an official Samsung Repair Center is an option. I only know Heathrow (sad that all I know about many countries is via their airport terminals), so plugged in its postal code and there appear to be some repair centers. Since your phone is new, I'd hope that Samsung will honor the service.

If that fails, then maybe doing it yourself could work. This video shows how to replace the charging port, and at video end is a parts list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 Phones, 2 Problems-image.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Sean Armstrong likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Perhaps finding an official Samsung Repair Center is an option. I only know Heathrow (sad that all I know about many countries is via their airport terminals), so plugged in its postal code and there appear to be some repair centers. Since your phone is new, I'd hope that Samsung will honor the service.

If that fails, then maybe doing it yourself could work. This video shows how to replace the charging port, and at video end is a parts list.
    Great! When my phone comes back from repairs, if i have any further problems with it (which it probably will) I will be sure to take it there.
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Dog5000 likes this.