Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    So I've had my note 3 for about 2 months, and of course I still get the typical "Wow, your phone is so huge!" multiple times a day. However, recently I've been getting more questions such as "Why do you even need a phone that big??" etc etc. I'm sure you all have been there. I've tried all approaches like it's better for watching videos, taking notes, consuming Internet content, using multi-window, all that. Of course all I get back is "Why don't you just get a tablet?" Because a tablet doesn't fit in my pocket... I need help from you guys, what are some more benefits of the big screen that I haven't mentioned? I need to finally silence my friends.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    "No, your phone is too small."
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Running two app windows is so much easier with this big, beautiful HD screen. :-)

    My daughter has the Note 3, but she carries it in her purse. It's a little big for my shirt pocket, but I wouldn't mind having one if it were easier to carry in my pocket.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Yeah, people say that to me all the time at work when I pull out my phone. I just show them a video or Web browser and they're in awe.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Quote Originally Posted by tannerrblake View Post
    So I've had my note 3 for about 2 months, and of course I still get the typical "Wow, your phone is so huge!" multiple times a day. However, recently I've been getting more questions such as "Why do you even need a phone that big??" etc etc. I'm sure you all have been there. I've tried all approaches like it's better for watching videos, taking notes, consuming Internet content, using multi-window, all that. Of course all I get back is "Why don't you just get a tablet?" Because a tablet doesn't fit in my pocket... I need help from you guys, what are some more benefits of the big screen that I haven't mentioned? I need to finally silence my friends.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You don't need any help, it is your friends that need the help!!
    Thanked by:
    GeekCop likes this.
  6. #6  
    munnarg's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    "It's my money and I'll spend it how I see fit"
    Thanked by:
    mikepas likes this.
  7. #7  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    519 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    "Because I like it"

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    jfoofoo likes this.
  8. #8  
    mspace81's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Or just say nothing. You do not have to defend your purchase of the device. After a while your friends will get the hint and quit asking these questions.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    TheMacs's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    "Size matters."

    Of all my arguments, the split window impresses everyone the most.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    I would go with the sarcastic, "Why is your phone so small?"
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Or maybe modify the Crocodile Dundee line, with faux Australian accent (unless you happen to be Australian, in which case it's real) - Pointing at the other guy's phone, say "That's not a phone." Pull the Note 3 out and say, "THAT's a phone."
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    Or maybe modify the Crocodile Dundee line, with faux Australian accent (unless you happen to be Australian, in which case it's real) - Pointing at the other guy's phone, say "That's not a phone." Pull the Note 3 out and say, "THAT's a phone."

    Hahahahah good one!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    "Why do you even need a phone that big??". I get that a lot as well since getting the first note ( have had all 3). My response is, it's not a phone! It's the wrong comparison. It's a mini tablet I can use to make calls. People should be saying your tablet is very small. The phone calling is one of the functions I use the least on my Notes, but I use the 3 / 4G data function that tablets don't normally have, a lot. So I say to people, if all they use the device for is as a phone, then smaller is the right size. If they want to have a pocketabe device for media consumption, decent web-surfing and gaming, then the Notes are the right size. Simple.

    And no I don't look an ***** holding such a big device up to my head to make calls, as it is normally in my pocket and I take the calls on my blue tooth or wired headset. Why do I need to hold a device as large as even an Iphone, up to my head for an extended period of time. That is just silly.
  14. #14  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Quote Originally Posted by ph0b0s123 View Post
    "Why do you even need a phone that big??". I get that a lot as well since getting the first note ( have had all 3). My response is, it's not a phone! It's the wrong comparison. It's a mini tablet I can use to make calls. People should be saying your tablet is very small. The phone calling is one of the functions I use the least on my Notes, but I use the 3 / 4G data function that tablets don't normally have, a lot. So I say to people, if all they use the device for is as a phone, then smaller is the right size. If they want to have a pocketabe device for media consumption, decent web-surfing and gaming, then the Notes are the right size. Simple.

    And no I don't look an ***** holding such a big device up to my head to make calls, as it is normally in my pocket and I take the calls on my blue tooth or wired headset. Why do I need to hold a device as large as even an Iphone, up to my head for an extended period of time. That is just silly.
    It's not a small tablet, it's a big phone

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Thanks for the responses guys. Just to clarify, my friends just all have iPhone's and refuse to switch to any other phone. I'm not actually angry that they ask all these questions, it's just a little playful competition.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Lets just take your phone out and stack it against mine. See its only slightly larger.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Quote Originally Posted by tannerrblake View Post
    "Why don't you just get a tablet?"
    Can you make a phone call from a tablet?

    I would just respond with baby bear. Regular sized phones are too small (mama bear) and tablets, which can't make phone calls anyhow, are too big (daddy bear). The GNote3 is just right (baby bear).
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    A year ago the Note 2 seemed gargantuan. Now, in a tech filled world where the norm is a five inch screen, the Note 3 is not even noticeably that large. Its more rectangular and svelte appearance minimize it somewhat.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    That's so funny. I get the total opposite. "Is that a Note 3?" "Wow, beautiful phone!" "I wished I had gotten the Note instead of this iPhone."



    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    TheMacs's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Just a couple creative responses to iphones...

    Awww... that's a cute little phone!

    How long until it grows to a full size phone?

    Does it come with reading glasses?

    Have fun!
    SoreAintya and DayThyme like this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    One of my responses is, I can actually see my phone and save my eyes. I also have a wallet case for mine which has credit cards in one side and the phone on the other side. Now all I get is that is an awesome wallet.

    Right after I got my note I had a server at a restaurant go holy crap that is a big phone and I said, yes yes it is, but I can see what is on my screen.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    I never get people asking me why do I need a phone that big. I get people asking me if it's a tablet and when I say it's a phone they are amazed. Honestly, if somebody asked me "why do you need a phone that big" i would reply "why do you care how big my phone is?" lol
    .

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    my reply is simple really I just say "oh this really isnt that big to me" and then i pull my Nexus 7 out of my other pocket ( I work in black dress pants that have big pockets). They usually just look at me like I'm crazy. I love that look.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    Big??? The Note 3 is TINY!
    Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!-motorolabagphone11.jpg

    When they ask, play a video, then do something with the dual screen... then they next ask why not just get a tablet, call them. And while they're trying to figure out why you called them surf the web. If they haven't figured it out by then just pat them on the head like you would a small child, and slowly explain to them that you couldn't do that on their cute little iphones nor on a tablet. Make sure to use small words to rub it in more. Now only do this if they are your friends and you know they have a sense of humor and won't get all **** hurt about it!
    Last edited by Unicorn11B; 12-25-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    DayThyme likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

    because we just need it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Bluetooth problems
    By remmip in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 10:00 PM
  2. Galaxy Note 2 - new firmware update creates a problems
    By hement in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 04:14 PM
  3. Note 2 will not store media files on SD card
    By Eilea in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  4. Note 3 Noob
    By artisticsoul79#AC in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
  5. NEED HELP!!!!
    By samaroo12 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

B