change emoticons on keyboard

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I'm new to android I just moved from ios 2 days ago. My problem is that when I try to send a text I get creative and I push that smily face on the keyboard and I can't stop myself off inserting one, but I noticed that when I do that my sms changes to mms and obviously not everybody has them things included in the price plan. Can I remove them things and replace them with the classic smiles :) not 😊. Thank you all so much.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong, but most texting packages these days includes mms. But if you're talking about those on prepaid or whatever, then I'm unsure about that. Mine changes to mms too.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
In keyboard mode..hold down the microphone button and more options will appear. .tap the face and hundreds of emoticons will appear. .hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I know that"trick" to hold down the mic button and get this things😅😮😮😯😟😝 but this is exactly what I'm trying to get away from. I wanna use the classic Android smiley faces the ones that you get if you type:-( ;-) instead of those above.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
In the text messaging app and a few others, when the keyboard is open, press menu/insert smiley. It will pull up a list of the stock Android ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Carolyn Taylor

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the simple precise answer The Juan Juice. I have been searching for 2 days for an answer that doesn't require downloading multiple files.

Pattie07

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
That is my question! When I push down the mic button, I do not get the smiley button for all the cute icons but my friends that have the same phones does get it? Does anybody know how I can get that?

Pattie07

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I know that"trick" to hold down the mic button and get this things������������ but this is exactly what I'm trying to get away from. I wanna use the classic Android smiley faces the ones that you get if you type:-( ;-) instead of those above.

My problem is reversed! When I push down the mic button, I do not get all the cute icons. Only a few commands.. My friends have my same phone but they do have the icons? Does anyone know how I can get that on my phone? I really want that so why do my friends have it and I don't? Any suggestions or answers???

Robin Schmidt-Kratz

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My problem is reversed! When I push down the mic button, I do not get all the cute icons. Only a few commands.. My friends have my same phone but they do have the icons? Does anyone know how I can get that on my phone? I really want that so why do my friends have it and I don't? Any suggestions or answers???

Did you find out how to get the cute icons? I have the same problem :-(

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So when using samsung keyboard you press and hold microphone button a menu doesn't appear with these symbols?

1 press and hold mic
2 menu appears
3 press smiley
4 these guys should appear

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I was replying to those posts that were made after KK was released and most everyone with a note 3 should have kk by now. Hope it helps someone... I guess this thread is asjing multiple questions about multiple keyboard.

RandyS42

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
This is an old topic but I've been looking to access the built in emoticons on my S4. Some have said pressing and holding the mic while in a message brings up commands not emoticons...I don't get emoticons either but I get icons representing input modes: Speech to text, handwriting, Clipboard, Text Capture, Keyboard settings, Emoticons (which includes a row of other sets), and a toggle between the regular keyboard and a small keyboard (which covers the input field). Pressing the menu will bring up a list of commands; one says insert smiley which brings up a single set of alien (in my case) emoticons. (Similar to those provided here.)

swedishbomb

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I would like to have the regular smileys on my Samsung Galaxy S4 instead of those green little characters. I have tried now for a week and a half with no success. I just want the normal ones that I am used to having. Can anyone please help me before I go crazy here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2