1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default note 3 shutter speed really slow?!

I just got the note 3. When taking a photo that needs Flash the shutter takes an abnormal length of time to take the photo. So for example i was taking a photo of the kids meeting Santa in my living room it wasn't really dark but the Flash was needed. By the time the picture was taken the kids had moved and all the photos were blurry and non of them looking at the camera. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s so I was expecting a lot more from this phone but at the minute the iPhone seems a lot better with photos. I have the auto shake hand thing turned off. Any tips?

Default Re: note 3 shutter speed really slow?!

I noticed that over the last couple weeks too. It wasn't like that when I got the phone a couple months ago. Did you recently get an update?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I'm noticing the same thing here....I'm on Verizon and did the most latest update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

what update you guys had?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyberry8909 View Post
    I just got the note 3. When taking a photo that needs Flash the shutter takes an abnormal length of time to take the photo. So for example i was taking a photo of the kids meeting Santa in my living room it wasn't really dark but the Flash was needed. By the time the picture was taken the kids had moved and all the photos were blurry and non of them looking at the camera. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s so I was expecting a lot more from this phone but at the minute the iPhone seems a lot better with photos. I have the auto shake hand thing turned off. Any tips?
    Smart stabilization adds a lot of time to take pictures. But in terms of taking pictures I've realized if you take any picture that requires flash it's going to come out horrible. Turn on the lights for best results this phone doesn't do well in low light/flash required situations

Posted via Android Central App

Yes smart stabalisation takes a few photos and averages them together.The results are ok but you can forget about moving subjects and trying for a quick photo.

If it's not too dark I would switch SS off.Photos are a bit darker but shutter speed is faster.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have the stabilisation off and I'm in the most recent update I think. And the Flash is just so slow to take a pic. It's very frustrating.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The note 3 is not the most intuitive camera. I have found that third party apps work better for taking pics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yup, unfortunately at night with the flash on the whole process to take the photo takes too long. It's not the shutter speed but more the focus speed. It takes a LOONNG time to lock on and that is really what takes the time. If you listen, the shutter speed is actually very quick! This is a that I really like and the time to snap a pic with the flash on is about half, maybe less!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Your right it is the focus time. And I got that app and it does speed it up! Thanks! I think that will do me for now but I really hope they fix that focus speed it is ridiculous.

I blame it on Android ... I feel like it's always been "buggy" (using it loosely) like that.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

i have had all updates so far for this phone, and camera is still quick. how much space do you have left on the phone? also try to delee some sms and mms. on any phone, that i ever had, the texts always take up space, and slow the phone down. I also hate that ss turns on by itself, when i need a quick pic, it slows me down a few seconds, since i either have to wait for the focus, or i have to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    i have had all updates so far for this phone, and camera is still quick. how much space do you have left on the phone? also try to delee some sms and mms. on any phone, that i ever had, the texts always take up space, and slow the phone down. I also hate that ss turns on by itself, when i need a quick pic, it slows me down a few seconds, since i either have to wait for the focus, or i have to disable it.
    Take a picture in the dark with the flash on and see how long it takes to actually take a photo. I can count to 4 1000 when taking a pic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk