Is it possible to install camera app from GS3 on Note 3?

chmedly

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I find the UI on the newer camera to be a complete mess. The way the GS3 camera was setup is actually pretty good for me. I tried using the appwererabbit app but it isn't among the available apps. Any thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, unless someone has ripped the APK from the GS3, you really can't. But if you can find the app, then you can load it up and hope there are no hardware issues. In any case, why don't you try another camera app replacement? There are a few good ones out there like Camera Zoom FX or Camera 360, with more features and filters than you'll know what to do with.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. I loved the S3 camera. I use Camera Zoom FX as the above user suggested.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

chmedly

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
In any case, why don't you try another camera app replacement? There are a few good ones out there like Camera Zoom FX or Camera 360, with more features and filters than you'll know what to do with.
Yeah, I'm not looking for "more" in a camera app. I'm looking for "less" and more streamlined. It takes 5 taps to change the resolution in the new app. Only 2 in the GS3 app. So far Shot Control is my favorite of the aftermarket ones but it has a few issues. And I'm having focus issues with all of them, particularly with macro shots. The GS3 just worked so well without much fuss. [I did have a problem with the GS3 camera app forgetting my quick button assignments and Samsung couldn't figure it out. But after awhile it started to work correctly and I forgot about it.]

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess you could do a search for the GS3 camera app APK or if you request it somewhere in the forums I'm sure someone could help you, but I wouldn't bet on a bug-free experience when using this on a different hardware. That being said, I hear the camera that was once built into Cyanogen is quite simplistic and practical, you might give that a try (however, I can't remember the name of the app :S).