Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By biggerfasterstronger24
  • 2 Post By Gator352
  • 2 Post By JellyBeanGurl
  • 1 Post By LosingMyMind
  • 1 Post By LosingMyMind
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - App suggestions

Can anyone recommend a good trusted music download app. I've installed a few and lookout keeps sending security warnings. Please and thanks

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - App suggestions

Power amp is my music app of choice

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    vegastriguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LosingMyMind View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good trusted music download app. I've installed a few and lookout keeps sending security warnings. Please and thanks
    get rid of lookout
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by geekymcfly View Post
    get rid of lookout
    Why?

Why?
    you don't need it, its really unnecessary

I got rid of it as well. ..bloatware.

Really? Please explain more if you could. I'm fairly new to Android and I thought some sort of app like Lookout was necessary. Does it not work well? How is it bloatware?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold803 View Post
    Really? Please explain more if you could. I'm fairly new to Android and I thought some sort of app like Lookout was necessary. Does it not work well? How is it bloatware?

It doesn't hurt to have it installed and running. It uses minimal battery at best it "can" be useful if you get malware or a virus but the chances are slim to none....unless you side load apps.

No, it's not necessary and yes, it works as advertised. To some it's bloatware as they don't use it nor do they want it. To others, it's no big deal. I have it installed and running as it makes no difference to me. It doesn't hurt nor hinder performance in any way so I use it.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    It doesn't hurt to have it installed and running. It uses minimal battery at best it "can" be useful if you get malware or a virus but the chances are slim to none....unless you side load apps.

No, it's not necessary and yes, it works as advertised. To some it's bloatware as they don't use it nor do they want it. To others, it's no big deal. I have it installed and running as it makes no difference to me. It doesn't hurt nor hinder performance in any way so I use it.
    Okay thanks for the explanation. I love by lookout because I thought something like that was necessary on an Android device.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks, that clears it up for me as well. I do have a question, is it necessary to have a task killer or is that just hype?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks, that clears it up for me as well. I do have a question, is it necessary to have a task killer or is that just hype?

No. Never have a task killer. Android does a good job of handling tasks. Task killers will just make your phone slower. They do more harm than good.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    No. Never have a task killer. Android does a good job of handling tasks. Task killers will just make your phone slower. They do more harm than good.
    Hm then maybe I can get rid of my task killer then.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have Clean Master, do you guys think it's necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold803 View Post
    Okay thanks for the explanation. I love by lookout because I thought something like that was necessary on an Android device.

Not necessary. Welcome!

No Task killers. Period. Your phone has one by default.
    ^This!
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    Hm then maybe I can get rid of my task killer then.

Yes!
    I have Clean Master, do you guys think it's necessary?

Not necessary. Let the Phone handle handle it by default.

Not necessary. Welcome!

No Task killers. Period. Your phone has one by default.

^This!

Yes!

Not necessary. Let the Phone handle handle it by default.
    Good to know because the stupid thing keeps running in the background for no reason!

Like neonworm explained, these task killers, cache cleaners, app cleaners and etc., are not necessary. Some actually do more harm than good. Now there might be a few that swear by them and will say..."ZOMG! U gotsa haz em'! Day da bombz n make yur phonez perfectz!"....but to each his own.

Let me explain:

Task killers fight for the resources that your phone already does by default. Killing off an app that's still in memory can cause adverse effects because your phone still thinks it's there...but it's not and can cause apps to not run properly, run constantly, or down right crash.

Same with cache/memory cleaners. Wiping out cache/memory that your phone is using can cause the same as above.

Your phone handles all this by default at idle. There is no need to run apps that use resources to do tasks that your phone already does. If you have an app that's broke, reboot. If that doesn't help try "clearing cache and data" in settings. If that still doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall. Those 3 things are the proper way of dealing with errant apps. Want to clear cache and memory? Reboot. Period. Rebooting once a week or more is the best way of keeping your phone running optimal....not running cleaners and task killers.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ytaay and JellyBeanGurl like this.

Good to know because the stupid thing keeps running in the background for no reason!

Like I said, it's using resources that your phone already handles. It keeps running keeping everything there waiting for a "clear this crap" command
    Thanked by:

Like neonworm explained, these task killers, cache cleaners, app cleaners and etc., are not necessary. Some actually do more harm than good. Now there might be a few that swear by them and will say..."ZOMG! U gotsa haz em'! Day da bombz n make yur phonez perfectz!"....but to each his own.

Let me explain:

Task killers fight for the resources that your phone already does by default. Killing off an app that's still in memory can cause adverse effects because your phone still thinks it's there...but it's not and can cause apps to not run properly, run constantly, or down right crash.

Same with cache/memory cleaners. Wiping out cache/memory that your phone is using can cause the same as above.

Your phone handles all this by default at idle. There is no need to run apps that use resources to do tasks that your phone already does. If you have an app that's broke, reboot. If that doesn't help try "clearing cache and data" in settings. If that still doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall. Those 3 things are the proper way of dealing with errant apps. Want to clear cache and memory? Reboot. Period. Rebooting once a week or more is the best way of keeping your phone running optimal....not running cleaners and task killers.
    Great! I was using all of these things as if it was a PC. Made me miss my iPhone where I didn't have to do all of this "cleaning" stuff. Thanks for reassuring me. I deleted those apps.
    And yes when I read the reviews on these apps, they sound just like that. Oh em gee it'z da bomb! Lol!!!! Made me laugh out loud!!

Thanked by:
    Gator352 and neonworm like this.

Great! I was using all of these things as if it was a PC. Made me miss my iPhone where I didn't have to do all of this "cleaning" stuff. Thanks for reassuring me. I deleted those apps.
    And yes when I read the reviews on these apps, they sound just like that. Oh em gee it'z da bomb! Lol!!!! Made me laugh out loud!!

LOL! That made my day!

Yeah, that cleaning stuff is for the birds. Just reboot every now and then and you'll be just fine! I promise!

Just watch, your phone might just run a little better!
    Thanked by 2:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I was thinking the same thing, I've never had to do all this "cleaning" with the iPhone. I've been treating this thing like a pc as well. Lol

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

LOL! That made my day!

Yeah, that cleaning stuff is for the birds. Just reboot every now and then and you'll be just fine! I promise!

Just watch, your phone might just run a little better!
    Thanks for clearing all this up. Sorry for all the questions, I'm still a noob with this android os.

Gator352 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Deleted. Thanks, I'm still new to android and overwhelmed with everything I can do with this phone.

neonworm likes this.

Try downloading tubemate or ytd for video/music downloads from youtube.
    You wont find them on the play store youll have to check online
    Be sure to enable download from unknown sources

While youre there swiftkey 4.5 beta has released and it features emoji support and more.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

I personally use tubemate and it works like a gem.
    If you want a more safe app you could check out 4shared pro

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

I use Music Download Paradise Pro and I find it pretty good. No complaints so far.