Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrMLK
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy Note 3 - Sony QX100 Detatchable Camera Lens

    I was wondering if the Sony QX100 detatchable camera lens works with the Note 3's 4K shooting resolution? On their website it says it can shoot at 1080/30p, would that mean that the 4K of the stock Note 3 camera is null?

  2. #2  

    Default Re: Sony QX100 Detatchable Camera Lens

    From my understanding, the Sony lens attachment is a standalone and does not work in conjunction with the device's camera.
    It essentially becomes the camera in which your device is the view finder.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sony QX100 Detatchable Camera Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SumthinNew View Post
    From my understanding, the Sony lens attachment is a standalone and does not work in conjunction with the device's camera.
    It essentially becomes the camera in which your device is the view finder.
    I wonder then if the 20 megapixel Sony lens with 1080/30p resolution would be a better image than the 13 megapixel / 4K resolution of the stock camera setup?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sony QX100 Detatchable Camera Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black 805 View Post
    I wonder then if the 20 megapixel Sony lens with 1080/30p resolution would be a better image than the 13 megapixel / 4K resolution of the stock camera setup?
    My money is on the Sony lens out performing the note 3 in all aspects.
    I have yet to try the 4k recording and not even sure it will stand out from regular HD on a non 4k TV.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sony QX100 Detatchable Camera Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black 805 View Post
    I was wondering if the Sony QX100 detatchable camera lens works with the Note 3's 4K shooting resolution? On their website it says it can shoot at 1080/30p, would that mean that the 4K of the stock Note 3 camera is null?]
    The QX100 is an entire P&S camera except for the LCD screen. The GN3 is just used as the LCD screen and picture storage. The camera parts of the GN3 are not used at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black 805 View Post
    I wonder then if the 20 megapixel Sony lens with 1080/30p resolution would be a better image than the 13 megapixel / 4K resolution of the stock camera setup?
    The QX100 has a 1 inch sensor. This is 9 times bigger then the sensor in the GN3. Now, you can't always tell by the sensor size, but in this case, the QX100 also has a much better lens then the GN3.

    So, to answer your question, the Qx100 will produce a much better image then the GN3 stock camera setup.

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Has Gone Crazy on my Galaxy S3
    By Bebusy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 11:48 AM
  2. Sprint Galaxy Note 2 - Which app is accessing my GPS?
    By ForTheGlory in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 07:15 AM
  3. Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Message always says Refreshing
    By spasell in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:30 PM
  4. A new observation/discovery about Samsung Link, sending media to TV from Note
    By dianehelen in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 08:24 AM
  5. Galaxy Tab 2 - Storage problem
    By CallumE97 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

B